BALI - Christmas/New Year

Alix Fisher

Well I've decided to go to Bali for 10 nights (23 December - 2nd Jan) over Christmas and New year. I'm staying in Funky Monkey, in Kuta, it's a shared dorm with breakfast (£96/$203). Wondered if anyone would be around that time to meet up? As of yet I'm going on my own. Not got my flight yet as I'm not sure where I am flying from... Anyway I'm so excited as it looks beautiful! Anyone got any tips or advice?? x

Least if your brothers there then that someone! Im wanting to spend it in sydney but it's starting to sound more and more stressful lol. I can't plan anything because it all depends on if I find work etc. Thats the only way I'll be able to spend it in sydney. Can't afford to stay there for longer than november. If I don't then might join you for a cheap week! Nope no visa. Are you going on a one way? If you are then how much are you keeping aside for your return, If you don't mind me asking!

I am exactly the same!! I've got 8 nights in Sydney booked but I need to find work ASAP so I know what I'm doing lol!! Yeah I'm going on a one way. I've not even thought about keeping any money aside, I won't want to leave until the end of my first year or the end of my second. When the time comes just book it haha!!

I worry loads (as you can tell!) so im definitely keeping the money aside, just trying to plan the amount is hard. I've been quoted £740 for a return flight with one free date change but the longest I can stay is August and the actual price is based on the end of may. I don't know wether to go for it cos it's only max £150 more than a one way. There's a chance I would want to come back and go to college, it really just depends on wether I like australia and find work etc. I might find that november till June is enough time to see everything I want or I might want to stay 2 years or a year in australia and a year in new zealand. Can't really tell till I get there

You should keep $1000 free for a return home. I can't see it being anymore than that!! But keep it in an account so you don't spend it. I'm sure you will love it!! You don't want to be tied down to a flight and worrying about it, better to just book a one way return when u want to come home x