175 visas

Guest clare etherington

Guest clare etherington

hi, con anyone help? im going through the migration bureau as my agent, my skills have been sent to theANMC and the forms for permanent residency have been passed on to us to fil in, then the agent will fil them in online. im confusedas to when you go for your medicals and police checks ( austraial police checks am i right) do you wait until the DIAC tell you to get them done or do you get them done off your own backs?

thanks for any help

hi, con anyone help? im going through the migration bureau as my agent, my skills have been sent to theANMC and the forms for permanent residency have been passed on to us to fil in, then the agent will fil them in online. im confusedas to when you go for your medicals and police checks ( austraial police checks am i right) do you wait until the DIAC tell you to get them done or do you get them done off your own backs?

thanks for any help

Hi welcome

It's individual choice really some people wait till they have a CO others go off there own backs but the meds & police checks UK not oz ones or anywhere u lived for a year or more are only valid for 12 months so basically usually people wait a couple of months get there app in system.

others will add I'm sure but all dependant on you & your plans hope this helps

thanks for any help

As mentioned some people frontload their meds and police checks and send them with their application. It can be a gamble. We did not frontload our meds and police checks. Infact I applied online on May 15/08 for a 176 visa after receiving approval from the WA government for a state skilled visa (we were 5 points shy for a 175 as hubby turned 40 in Feb and he did not want to do the IELTS test for the extra points).

I just got an email on Friday May 16/08 acknowledging our visa from the Adelaide Skills Processing Centre (they are the ones who will allocate you a case officer and grant you the visa). Well low and behold, they are the ones who have requested our meds and police checks, along with all supporting documentation. I only have 28 days to get all the info to them, so we have booked our meds and police checks for next week. If ours is anything to go by, it looks like they are moving very swiftly in regards to asking for meds and police checks.

Cheers

Karen

Archived