listening - 8

speaking - 8.5

reading - 6

test 2 results:

writing - 8

listening - 8

speaking - 8.5

reading -7.5

I am very frustrated with this!!!! I am a teacher and my qualifications have now been assessed and come back fine. We have paid a considerable amount to the visa people too. I am going to book the Pearsons test as opposed to the IETLS as I've read that this is fairer in terms of the timings. I did study for IELTS and purchased two books of past papers. As well as this I downloaded papers from online and watched the online you tube tutorials. This appears to me to be a licence to print money! However, without it we are going no where. I can only sit the Pearsons test on the 4th August as they seem to have less available dates for this.

Any advice?

Thanks

I was in very similar situation. ..but i perservered n got marks I needed on third attempt...I know hw frustrating it is..I've no experience with the other tests although looks like they are becoming more popular and maybe someone else can advise

:wacko:

Hi everyone,

I haven't posted for a while. I have now sat the IELTS test x2

test 1 results:

writing - 9

listening - 8

speaking - 8.5

reading - 6

test 2 results:

writing - 8

listening - 8

speaking - 8.5

reading -7.5

I am very frustrated with this!!!! I am a teacher and my qualifications have now been assessed and come back fine. We have paid a considerable amount to the visa people too. I am going to book the Pearsons test as opposed to the IETLS as I've read that this is fairer in terms of the timings. I did study for IELTS and purchased two books of past papers. As well as this I downloaded papers from online and watched the online you tube tutorials. This appears to me to be a licence to print money! However, without it we are going no where. I can only sit the Pearsons test on the 4th August as they seem to have less available dates for this.

Any advice?

Thanks

I feel your frustration Birch4, I sat IELTS and failed twice by only 0.5 a point, on different ones each time to make it worse (one that I got 9.0 on the first time). I am biassed as I thought Pearson was so much better and I passed it first time, but that said you might want to take a look at these posts about it;

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/235286-ielts-english-test-help-please.html

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/231707-ielts-v-s-pearson-test-english-academic-pte-academic-my-personal-findings.html

Good luck with whatever you decide.

:wacko:

Hi everyone,

I haven't posted for a while. I have now sat the IELTS test x2

test 1 results:

writing - 9

listening - 8

speaking - 8.5

reading - 6

test 2 results:

writing - 8

listening - 8

speaking - 8.5

reading -7.5

Any advice?

Thanks

Hi - Have you tired Pearsons PTE academic. Its a more balanced and fairer test (computer based). Lots of people recommended it t me and it helped me boost my english score to Superior...

Definitely do the test papers, etc mind so you get used to how you complete it...

Looks like reading is your downfall. Only tip I have for that is learn to skim read and understand, not just skim read. They intentionally add lots of red herrings so you need to really take in the information to answer the question, skim reading it all and looking for the key words isn't enough. Practice papers are your friends.

Archived