Help! sooo confusing!

twinkle

Hi everyone!

We have been Down under for nearly a year and have now decided to take the plunge and apply for permanent residence! ( whew- deep breath)!

We are currently here on hubby's 457 visa and are struggling to find out which pathway/s we can take to to acheive permanent residence ( I am finding the Government website less than helpful).

Hubby has been offered another job here ( he has been in his current employment for the year) and they are willing to take over his sponsorship but we are wondering whether this would have any effect on the permanent residence application?

Any pointers in the right direction would be greatly appreciated :)

Twinkle

Guest JoanneHattersley

talk to Alan Collett or Gill (gollywobbler) - they are a mine of information! I wouldnt have thought that it would have any bearing on the PR application. I came over here with a nursing agency on a 457. After 4 months the place te agency sent me to work "bought me out" and gave me a F/T job and took over the sponsorhip. They did ENS for me and i got that after 18 months

Guest adey

try your local development commission, we went to see the South West Development Commission two weeks ago and they gave us loads of free information and pointed us in the right direction. So lots more paperwork to complete yet again but its sure worth it eh!!!

good luck

Sarah

Hi,

thanks for the quick response.

I haven't come across the guys you mentioned, do you know know if they exist in NSW?

I did a quick search on google but didn't come up with much

thanks again:)

Guest Gollywobbler

Hello Twinkle

Please could you answer the following questions:

1. What is hubby's job?

2. How old is he?

3. Did he obtain a positive skils assessment before applying for his 457 visa?

4. If not, has he obtained one at any time since then?

5. Who was/is his first employer-sponsor? The actual company that he works for or a recruitment agency?

6. Who is the new employer-sponsor? Again, is it the company he will actually work for or is it a recruitment Agency?

Since you are in Sydney we can forget about the RSMS visa as a possible route to PR. We would be looking at the subclass 856 ENS visa (the same one as johatts has.) Please see the following links:

Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 121/856)

Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 121/856)

The above page (eligibility) is the key. If Hubby does not have a positive skills assessment then he needs to have spent 2 years working in his nominated occupation in Oz before he would become eligible for PR under the ENS Scheme.

Employer Sponsored Migration Booklet - Australian Immigration

Depending on Hubby's occupation, it might be possible to get him a skille asessment at this stage. If so then it could speed up the pathway to PR.

However, to help you further it is first necessary to ask you to answer my numbered questions above, please.

Best wishes

Gill

Guest adey
Hi,

thanks for the quick response.

I haven't come across the guys you mentioned, do you know know if they exist in NSW?

I did a quick search on google but didn't come up with much

thanks again:)

we found them on the immigration website for regional sponsorship so I'm assuming they exist in other states. This is the link for the South West WA office so might be worth taking a peek and seeing if there are links to over NSW.

South West Development Commission

Sarah

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Twinkle

Sarah's (Adey's) situation is a bit different from yours because she lives in a part of WA called Bunbury, which is deemed to be a "regional" part of WA.

Sydney, Wollongong and Newcastle are all non-regioanl parts of NSW, therefore if you are in Sydney you would not be eligible for an RSMS visa unless you are prepared to move to a regional part of the State. The various relevant bodies for NSW are on this list, however:

Regional Certifying Bodies

Please also see:

Department of State and Regional Development

In one of your threads you have mentioned Surry Hills. If that is where you are - and is where you want to stay - it is definitely NOT regional, hunny.

Which brings us back to the ENS visa because you can get one of those regardless of where your employer is based and you do not need approval from the Regional Certifying Body etc with an ENS visa.

Best wishes

Gill

Archived