PCC from home country - haven't lived there for over 10 years

Iruka

Hi all, I am new to this forum and need some advice re: international police check. I have been in Australia more than 10 years and haven't left the country for more than 12 months. I thought a police check from my home country is not required. But my case office ask for it. Any thoughts ? Many thanks in advance

It is strange that you are asked this as the guidelines state in the last ten years.

That being said, it will be a pointless task to argue it as they can ask for any type of document in order to make a decision.

Where are you from? Would it be very difficult to obtain a PCC from your home country?

I am from Hong Kong. I have front loaded all documents, except HK police clearance. Never thought the department will ask for it:chatterbox:

Sometimes you just have to give them what they ask for.

Hopefully there isn't anything on the HK PCC that you haven't previously declared.

We were asked for extra police checks on top of the normal ones despite, having completely clear first ones, not even a parking fine! :laugh: Our Agent said sometimes they just do it. You can't argue, you just have to provide them which we did. It was annoying at the time but you soon forget after the grant. I suspect they need to query a certain amount and we were just the unlucky ones like yourself.

We were asked for extra police checks on top of the normal ones despite U.S. having completely clear first ones, not even a parking fine! :laugh: Our Agent said sometimes they just do it. You can't argue, you just have to provide them which we did. It was annoying at the time but you soon forget after the grant. I suspect they need to query a certain amount and we were just the unlucky ones like yourself.

My OH was asked for a police certificate for Australia even though he hadn't lived there for over 10 years and had just been back for a holiday in the meantime. When we queried this, the CO apologised for the error and agreed he didn't need it. Maybe the OP should wait to hear back from his CO before doing anything in case it was just a mistake...

Archived