The TRA Skills Assessment Guru Thread

PomCop

It's either a negative or positive. You can submit a review of your application it it fails, which is a further $900

Dear i have diploma + acdemic certificate which i have passed in 2001 but i issue them from institution in 2011 which is mentioned on these certificate what should i show the TRA to proove that i have done it in 2001

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi PomCop,

Just to clarify, so the section for the employer to describe will basically be my job description but with alot more detail?

For my description, is it best that I write multiple examples of tasks that I do in order to cover all the criteria? There's a real lack of guidelines with this form and I don't want to have it rejected!

Cheers

Karl

Hi Karl

I literally listed everything and what tools were used for what! Mine was 6 pages long which divulged into lots of details, projects I had worked on, what my role was, how I got into the trade, when I became qualified, what my next goals are (qualifications etc).

Your employer reference will be less detailed than your personal statement. So more about what they have seen you do - your role, when you commenced employment with them etc.

It's very vague, but only give the information they are asking for :)

Hi again my partner is a Technical Cable Jointer 342212 he has been employed full time with Northern Powergrid since 08/2013 he has spoke to his NVQ 2 and his course was complete 08/2015. So this means he has 2 years training whilst doing his NVQ and 1 years post qualification.

The ANZSCO says: Skill Level 3 : Occupations at Skill Level 3 have a level of skill commensurate with one of the following:

- NZ Register Level 4 qualification

- AQF Certificate IV or

- AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training.

At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.I need to assessed under the Skilled Migration as I'm not on the criteria for the Offshore skills assessment. The Skilled Migration says you need 3 years experience to apply for your skills to be assessed, but ANZSCO says I need 2. Do I stand a good chance if I put my assesment in after 2yrs?

That's correct. You need to have 3 years POST QUALIFICATION experience. Sorry for the capitals, but I wanted to stress that part.

You can however gain a Recognition Prior to Learning (RPL) which is if you have been doing the trade for 5 or more years whereby you're experience in the trade counts as the qualification. You would of course have to undertake the RPL to gain that piece of paper to evidence it!

Hope this helps. But remember, a year is nothing. I've been waiting 5 years for this and I'm still putting it off another year or two!

Dear i have diploma + acdemic certificate which i have passed in 2001 but i issue them from institution in 2011 which is mentioned on these certificate what should i show the TRA to proove that i have done it in 2001

I had the same problem. My qualification was awarded on XYZ date but my certificate wasn't issued until ZYX date (replace letters with a fictional date).

This is quite common and they will understand this - you won't be the first person and certainly not the last!

I printed off a sheet of paper called a Candidate Record from CITB (construction related in the UK) which basically showed when I started my qualification to when I was awarded the qualification.

Furthermore, I also provided a sheet of paper with "key dates" which outlined every relevant qualification I had started and finished. I also included phone numbers, names and email addresses should they want to cross reference this.

It's also worth nothing that if you had lost your certificate and needed a new one, it would show the date that the certificate was printed. So the date on the certificate is really... Irrelevant!

I had the same problem. My qualification was awarded on XYZ date but my certificate wasn't issued until ZYX date (replace letters with a fictional date).

This is quite common and they will understand this - you won't be the first person and certainly not the last!

I printed off a sheet of paper called a Candidate Record from CITB (construction related in the UK) which basically showed when I started my qualification to when I was awarded the qualification.

Furthermore, I also provided a sheet of paper with "key dates" which outlined every relevant qualification I had started and finished. I also included phone numbers, names and email addresses should they want to cross reference this.

It's also worth nothing that if you had lost your certificate and needed a new one, it would show the date that the certificate was printed. So the date on the certificate is really... Irrelevant!

Dear pom Cop first of all thanks to your quick reply and what i understand from your reply that I should need to get a Letter from certificate awarding body which show off the starting to ending dates of certificate and academic certificates and signature and stamp on it. and second thing is that i also need a simple paper and mentioned on it the all qualification award and dates of these certificate and give the contact numbers emails website address of the issuing authorities .this is what i understand from your post. could i get the new certificate from institutions with correct date despite old one certificate as a alternate. and what its mean (replace letters with a fictional date). wait for your response

Edited by Shahid Khan

Hi Karl

I literally listed everything and what tools were used for what! Mine was 6 pages long which divulged into lots of details, projects I had worked on, what my role was, how I got into the trade, when I became qualified, what my next goals are (qualifications etc).

Your employer reference will be less detailed than your personal statement. So more about what they have seen you do - your role, when you commenced employment with them etc.

I have worked 5 different companies the details are following

employer A= 3 months

employer B = 5 months

Employers C= 5 month

Employer D =2 years

Employer E = 9.5 years till present

I have only Employers E documents proof should i explain the employment history in my own words just only employer E" either all while i have nothing documents proof that i worked there except employer E i have total 9.8yers experience with employer E. wait for your response thanks

I have worked 5 different companies the details are following

employer A= 3 months

employer B = 5 months

Employers C= 5 month

Employer D =2 years

Employer E = 9.5 years till present

I have only Employers E documents proof should i explain the employment history in my own words just only employer E" either all while i have nothing documents proof that i worked there except employer E i have total 9.8yers experience with employer E. wait for your response thanks

Hi Shahid

I don't have the guidelines in front of me so I can't really say if you need to have documentation for them all. It all really depends on what country you are from to say which documentation you need.

For example, here in the UK I used tax returns, pay slips and a summary document from HMIC. You would need to list all of your employers and document at least 3 years post qualification experience. But you must also document and evidence that you have been working in the past two years in that trade, as per the qualification.

A testimony outlining why you cannot provide documentation for the other employers should be fine. But remember, it is only relevant POST qualification

This is JUST what I was looking for! Thank you! A few questions I hope you can answer:-

My husband is 31, has been in the Glazing industry for almost 12 years - has various certifications, but no formal qualification - however he has been a partner in his own business for 6 years as a Director. He is now doing an NVQ Level 3 in Glazing (which is being assessed at the moment - so he will get his paperwork soon). Once he gets this we are eager to apply to the TRA. Would you be able to advise by any chance what the TRA may assess as in - say he has been a Director (so NVQ Level 3 practically for 6 years) and then a normal working glazier for another 6 years previous to that - do they take it as 6 years at the right level, or someone said they take 3 years off for having done the NVQ and no work after it? Although its RPL (as in literally just getting the paper to support his level of work over the last few years). We dont want to waste money on this - so we are just looking for people who may KNOW so that we can get ideas and advice. He needs 60 points - so the TRA's assessment HAS to come back as good as possible to get maximum points. Any advice will be helpful.

Hi Karl

Hi PomCop,

Thanks for your advice. What I've done so far is for the employment statement I've listed my job description but gone into a bit more detail, made a list of tools and equipment that I've used and how it is used (in a table format)

I'm now going to do my personal statement where I'll pick a few projects and go in depth on particular tasks. I hope this will suffice!

Thanks

Karl

Hi I am just going to start getting my TRA together I was just wondering if it is possible to do it without an agent. Has anyone been able to do it there self and is it straight forward? Am I bit worried that I will submit mine an get a negative back because I haven't done it properly. It looks easy enough just gathering evidence but is it easy enough?? People experiences welcome along with any help.

AQF Roof tiler and slater

NVQ level 2 Roof tiling and slating

13 years experience

Guest Guest115110
Hi I am just going to start getting my TRA together I was just wondering if it is possible to do it without an agent. Has anyone been able to do it there self and is it straight forward? Am I bit worried that I will submit mine an get a negative back because I haven't done it properly. It looks easy enough just gathering evidence but is it easy enough?? People experiences welcome along with any help.

AQF Roof tiler and slater

NVQ level 2 Roof tiling and slating

13 years experience

It can be done without hiring an agent - it's totally up to you if you wish to hire the services of a registered mara agent.

Cheers

Guest Guest115110

Its hard to say - depends on the individual agent. For the skilled migration visa MARA agents are known to charge varying professional fees for the entire visa process. This is broken down into blocks of work (skills assessment, EOI etc) and they charge a fee for each block separately.

Cheers!

Edited by Guest115110

Im in a very similar situation to Binaj except Im;

Occupation: 342315 - Electronic Instrument Trades Worker (Special Class)

(Industrial Measurement and Control Technician)

Installs, modifies, maintains and repairs complex electronic instruments and control systems which involve a combination of electrical, electronic, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic principles. Registration or licensing may be required.

Skill Level:

The entry requirement for this occupation is the qualifications and experience. AQF Certificate III including at least 2 years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3). At least 3 years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.

Tasks Include:

• examining and testing machines equipment, instruments and control systems to diagnose faults
  • adjusting, repairing, and replacing worn and defective parts and wiring, and maintaining machines, equipment and instruments

• reassembling, test operating and adjusting equipment
  • advising users of correct operating procedures to prevent malfunctions
  • receiving messages by interpreting code and converting to plain language, and writing and typing messages for transmission
  • monitoring radio traffic, and transmitting and receiving voice messages
  • installing electronic instruments and control systems

• applying knowledge of electrical, electronic, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic principles in commissioning and maintaining control systems

I dont seem to be able to get any answers from ANYBODY regarding qualification/trade recognition, do i need a licence?, how can i get a licence? Do i need to retrain as a sparkie just to get a licence for the job im doing now in the uk? My MA is only interested in getting me a visa rather than my future career in Oz. All very frustrating.

Does anyone have any similar scenarios??????????

Im in a very similar situation to Binaj except Im;

Occupation: 342315 - Electronic Instrument Trades Worker (Special Class)

(Industrial Measurement and Control Technician)

Installs, modifies, maintains and repairs complex electronic instruments and control systems which involve a combination of electrical, electronic, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic principles. Registration or licensing may be required.

Skill Level:

The e

My MA is only interested in getting me a visa rather than my future career in Oz. All very frustrating.

E

Does anyone have any similar scenarios??????????

But that is is job to help you gain a visa not with licencing. For that job you may just need a restricted licence. What state are you going to? Contact the licencing authority in the state and they will give you all the licencing information. Each state has their own licencing authority and different requirements and you can only actually get a licence once you have either an ARTC or an OSTR and are in Australia. Edited by AJ

Hi can anyone help me in relation to the skills assessment please my husband is a heavy goods diesel mechanic 321212 and we are wanting to apply for the perm skilled visa and bring over our two children. I went on the TRA website and it's says to under step two I need to go to vetassess.com.au so do I apply to the TRA or to vetassess or both as I am so confused on how to apply.

many thanks Emma

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My job title in my comany is supervisor and on tax document is also mention this title. while i want to get asessment from TRA in metal amchinist trade is there any problem to TRA with my job title vs occupation code.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

I need to ask about the Paid Employment evidence... If I got a letter from company that I worked on full time basis with a gross salary of...., Is it considered Primary sources of evidence or secondary?

have you looked on the TRA guidelines? What skill is it for?