Anyone used PSS for removals and shipping to Oz?

Major Tom

Guest The Pom Queen
We we had a load of B/S with them , they tried to charge us extra for shipping less and actually put it onto the boat before we paid the invoice, this was only brought to their attention when we chased up what was going on and they told us that it was on the boat .when we told them that we had only paid the deposit they went into melt down. The lads that came to pack everything were great can't fault them.

We had this recently moving house with a local company, when they explained it then it did make sense. If for example we told them we were moving a full house, they have to find one of their vans large enough for that particular load, they then have to send a certain number of men to move it and I suppose in shipping overseas they have to book the space on the cargo ship, so when we changed our mind and decided only to bring a few items we still had the original quote to pay.

Like you i was livid at first but once they explained it did make sense and I felt a little guilty.

Guest The Pom Queen

We had a quote from PSS - far more interested in selling every add on under the sun. I just wanted a company that were going to do a good job shipping my stuff and not passing on my details to numerous other 'partner' agencies.
@Peachy one thing I like about PSS is that they are very transparent about the add ons and give you the choice whether you want them or not, even if they are compulsory they still break the cost down. Most of the other removal agencies just add it on to the price, I suppose it's like the gimic advertising when someone says they are throwing something in for free but they have inflated the price in the first place.

PSS tried to sell us cover for a cleaning fee for bird poo on our container. They emphasized the "risk" we were taking by not buying it. I explored this further with several other reputable companies who had never heard of anyone ever being charged a cleaning fee. I don't think that is particularly transparent! I don't mind being given options but the advice needs to be appropriately weighted.

Following on from my review earlier in the post - We are in Brisbane and PSS partner with a company called Overseas Packers and Shippers.... Awful!!

See below a letter of complaint written to them this morning...

We recently shipped our belongings from the UK to Australia using PSS - They must partner with you for the last mile delivery.

When we received our shipment - the packaging around our belongings was in a terrible condition.

We spoke to the delivery driver and he said that it was customs that inspected the boxes, so it must have been them.

I made a complaint to customs - See below.

---------------------------------------------------------

We have recently relocated back to Australia after a 3 year stay in the UK. We shipped all of our furniture from the UK and feel that our belongings were not treated with any respect.

Boxes were slashed open with sharp knives narrowly avoiding the contents, Expensive wooden furniture was ripped into and then not wrapped back up properly leaving it exposed. My wife described one box as though it looked like criminals had been going through it - describing everything as just thrown back in.

We fully understand the need for strict quarantine in Australia and indeed encourage it. However we we feel like we were charged $600 for our belongings to be torn through with no regard for their condition.

We know that staff are busy and time is tight, but feel this is no excuse for the manner in which the inspection took place. Imagine yourself moving house and having people slash their way through the packaging half way through the transit with little or no care of how it would arrive at the destination. You too would complain.

--------------------------------------------------------

Customs have since responded advising that they do not open any boxes or indeed pack anything back up - that is the job of the shipping company. He also advised that their charge is just $75 for inspection and nothing for disposal of the item they found in breach.

So not only has Overseas P & S lied to us, but charged us a lot of money to tear through our belongings with no regard for it's condition.

We are not happy with the service provided and after looking online, we are not the only ones.

Rest assured that I will be writing to PSS and letting them know the level of service their last mile partner is offering.

Very disappointed....

Perhaps PSS should reconsider this partnership...

• 3 weeks later...