PR through 457 visa

anitasharma

Hi guys

I need your help. I have a query regarding PR after 457 visa. My husband is on 457 visa now and he got his visa only for 2 years. This visa will finish on 18 December 2015. I want to know that can we apply for PR after that or should we apply for extension of 457 visa? Even I am pregnant now and my due date will be in January. So please help us what should we do now? Hoping for positive response....

He can apply for PR earlier if he can qualify for a skilled independent visa, or if he qualifies and his employer will nominate him for a 186 under the Direct Entry Stream. If he needs to wait for the Temporary Resident Transition stream, he will need to apply for a new 457 first as he cannot be nominated or apply for the 186 TRT until he has completed 2 years on his 457 by which time it would expire.

Hi guys

I need your help. I have a query regarding PR after 457 visa. My husband is on 457 visa now and he got his visa only for 2 years. This visa will finish on 18 December 2015. I want to know that can we apply for PR after that or should we apply for extension of 457 visa? Even I am pregnant now and my due date will be in January. So please help us what should we do now? Hoping for positive response....

He can apply for a permanent visa at any time.either skilled migration or direct entry employer sponsored.

If he must go through the transition stream, then yes you would ned to get another 457 visa, there is no concept of extending one, it is a new application.

Archived