Statutory Declarations Regulations 1993

benj1980

I have to complete a statutory declaration to sign my copies. This is through Crimtrac which I am not familiar with, but it is as part of my teacher registration. My uncle qualifies to sign it which is handy! Does my uncle write this out for every bit of my ID evidence (100 point test - passport, driving license, addressed bills) or will one declaration be acceptable using the bullet points. It is quite wordy! This is different to the other statutory declarations that I have done previously. Please see below:

STATUTORY DECLARATION

Statutory Declarations Act 1959

I, [Name, address and occupation of person making the declaration] make the following declaration under the Statutory Declarations Act 1959:

1. [Set out matter declared to in numbered paragraphs]

I understand that a person who intentionally makes a false statement in a statutory declaration is guilty of an offence under section 11 of the Statutory Declarations Act 1959, and I believe that the statements in this declaration are true in every particular.

[Signature of person making the declaration]

Declared at [place] on [day] of [month] [year]

Before me,

[Signature of person before whom the declaration is made]

[Full name, qualification and address of person before whom the declaration is made (in printed letters)]

Note 1: A person who intentionally makes a false statement in a statutory declaration is guilty of an offence, the punishment for which is imprisonment for a term of 4 years—see section 11 of the Statutory Declarations Act 1959.

Note 2: Chapter 2 of the Criminal Code applies to all offences against the Statutory Declarations Act 1959—see section 5A of the Statutory Declarations Act 1959.

I could be wrong, but I don't think a relative is eligible to witness a stat dec. Is this a commonwealth or state stat dec? The Attorney General's website has some good info on commonwealth stat decs and the individual states have their own guidelines. Might be worth a look, but hopefully someone who has experience in this area might come along in the mean time.

Archived