Certifying documents

yorkshire rose

:confused: I hope im not boring anybody with this question but i have to ask. I have just read somewhere that the postmaster can certify copies can somebody just confirm that this is wrong or right. thank you x

Is this for a visa application?

:confused: I hope im not boring anybody with this question but i have to ask. I have just read somewhere that the postmaster can certify copies can somebody just confirm that this is wrong or right. thank you x

Try your local magistrates office £25 for the lot! Although I did have to go back a few times for more certifying -good idea to get x2 copies done espacially for ID.

You do need to stay while they stamp and sign everything - can take a while.

Hope this helps :-)

It depends what the documents are for as @CaptainC is eluding to.

@benj1980 has got the gist of why I asked this question. There are several options for certifying documents, but it does matter what those documents are, and what they are to be used for. For example, if you had to get a Commonwealth Statutory Declaration certified, then there are only a certain group of people permitted to do this and may involve travelling to the Australian High Commission to get that done, if you don't know a person designated by the Attorney General to do it instead.

If it's just normal documents to upload to your immiaccount for a visa (which I suspect it is) then generally you do not need anything certified.

Up until yesterday the document checklists for certain visas stated the necessity to have documents certified, but it was always understood that if you provided a colour scan then there was no need to have them certified. Today, the DIBP website has been updated and the document checklist for one of the GSM visas had all of the requirements to certify documents removed.

initially its for the skills assessment but yes it would be for the visa . Thank you for your help .

You'd have to check with the assessing authority on that one. For mine, I used a university lecturer that I will still in touch with. I'm sure that the postmaster would be a suitable person providing that his status allows him to do it.

But, definitely check with the assessing authority first, just in case they have their own list of types of people that can certify.

Archived