Please HELP-Pre primary teacher or childcare centre manager?

susan2012

I am getting nowhere :-( I wanted to apply for AITSL assessment although I wasn't sure if my qualifications were sufficient. Did my IELTS academic and got R8, W8, S8.5 and L6 (the volume at the exam centre was really poor) . So decided to check childcare centre manager job. I am really running out of time, turning 40 next year and want to apply before that. Appreciate some advice and guidance

My qualifications:

Diploma in preschool teaching and leadership

3 years Degree in early childhood from Australian university (found in acecqa recognized qualifications list)

Masters in special education (2.5 years)

Experience

Teaching 0-6 year olds: 4 years

Management of large preschool (performed all jobs described in TRA) : 2 years (only 6 month experience in last 3 years)

45 days of supervised field practicum with 0-6 year olds

My question is, with limited time which route should I go? I have performed both jobs and love to do either one. If I go AITSL I have to retake IELTs and still not sure if my qualifications are sufficient

If I go TRA my experience is insufficient

What do you all think?

Also, do I need IELTS for TRA? I am not a native speaker and live in Singapore.

Thank you in advance

Agree this is getting too messy for meaningful comments from amateurs, when the occupation to choose is not clear it really is time to talk to an agent.

From what you have written, childcare manager looks like it would be rather tenuous, but I have no idea if your credentials are correct for early years teacher either.

Thank you for the reply, I felt the same after posting here so managed to talk to a migration agent. She is recommending to drop the pre-primary and go with Childcare manager. I just need to collect all my experience carefully.

Archived