How long to ship to Brisbane

Wales1

I've been quoted 8 - 10 weeks by the shipping companies for a full container Wales to Brisbane. I can have free storage in the UK but will have to pay should we not be ready for it when it arrives in Brisbane. Trying to weigh up when to actually ship. How long did your container actually' take?

Thanks'

Mine was nine weeks to Sydney. But it doesn't really matter how long anybody else's shipment took, it will depend upon things like the exact day your things are picked up and when they can be loaded onto a ship and the ships departure date, they don't leave every day so one persons might leave the next day and somebody else's might sit there fore a week. So I should think that 8-10 weeks is about a good as an estimate as you are likely to get, probably nearer 10 than 8 though. How long are you giving yourself to find somewhere in Brisbane?

We were quoted 8-13 weeks - so I guess it will be with us when it is. Apparently you can track your container ship online and see where in the world it is.

Tracking never worked for me, all it ever told me was that it had left port.

Timescale are about right. To keep in store Brisbane side was peanuts including insurance. We had Chess Movers in Brisbane, brilliant and were really appreciative of our help so they could get off early.

S

Hi Bungo, just wanted to check really that people weren't being quoted a lead time and most were quite a bit later. Its a juggling act really, we don't have jobs to go to so guessing we won't know where we settle until we have jobs, it feels a bit like how long is a piece of string at the moment!

Simply ask the shipper to send to store and get yourselves comfortable with an area, secure a rental and simply confirm the address to the removals company. Simple with cheap storage charges. Make sure you check what you can't bring in, clean everything and separate what you absolutely need for the first couple of months and pack in your cases.

S

Thanks srg73. Started separating what we want to bring in cases yesterday, easier said than done ! I think I'll just get it on that boat and hold in storage if necessary. I think I'd prefer that than be waiting for it arrive.

All depends on the route that the ship will take. It may be a direct from Europe to Australia/NZ via Panama Canal (for the smaller Panamax ships). Others call at several ports before getting anywhere near the Pacific or Indian Ocean. A 'guestimate' of 8-12 weeks sounds about right. There are more expensive options which can take 6 weeks, sometimes less, although shipping companies are fairly uninterested in this type of 'liner' trade as the cargo volume is too unpredictable and often operate at a loss.

Anther significant difference is whether you have 100% use of the container or whether you choose to share (sometimes you have no choice). Check your quote, we had 100% because they struggled to close the doors it was so full and arrived in 8 weeks. If you are sharing you will have to wait for the 2nd party with the right quantity to turn up which can be weeks.

Also remember you container will be delivered to a main international port ie Brisbane. Takes about 1 week to clear customs with a small charge and then final delivery which if rural could take some time. Finally I strongly recommend you check is your container will be sealed in front of you on your driveway ie is going straight to UK port or if it is back to depot to be re packed where breakages can occur.

S

If anyone is looking for a friendly,reliable and efficient international removals company, go no further than John Mason International.

We had them last week for our move from NE England to Perth. Everything went without a hitch - brilliant

Archived