Reg: 457 visa enquiry

Loganp

Hi there,

I have applied 457 visa last year. I have completed my medical checkup 2014 august. But till now not receiving any details of visa. Pls tell me about the process details briefly.

Thank u

Might help if you narrow your question down a bit, do you have specific questions?

Hi there,

I have applied 457 visa last year. I have completed my medical checkup 2014 august. But till now not receiving any details of visa. Pls tell me about the process details briefly.

Thank u

That is extraordinary for a 457 visa.

Have you definitely got the right visa number there? If so, what has the sponsoring employer got to say about it? Most would not want to be holding a job vacancy for such a long period of time, are you sure they have not pulled out?

Is the employer already an approved business sponsor, and has their nomination been approved yet? If those steps aren't yet complete, those will be the hold-up. If they're approved and it's just your visa still in process, I'd suggest you contact DIBP and ask what further information they need to finalise your application. Most 457s are approved in 4-8 weeks, although I recall one last year that was over 12 months (seemed to have been moved from one CO to another with each one starting at the beginning). Yours is taking an extraordinary amount of time and they should give you an explanation.

Archived