medications on the plane

Guest daisydeeds

Guest daisydeeds

Hullo there.

I thought Id ask you if it is possible for me to take on eczema creams for my daughter on the plane and inhalers for me. I have a printed out repeat prescription form itemising what medication she and I need to have to hand. Whats the latest information about this? I do understand that there is some kind of restriction concerning the amount of lotion allowed, I believe it was 50ml during the scare. Can anyone enlighten me with information in regards to this matter?

Ta.

Daisydeeds

Guest scott&lisa

Hi Daisydeeds,

We flew out of Manchester about two weeks after the terrorist scare and they let me take a bottle of phenergan on to the plane - the bottle was unopened and also still in the sealed bag from the chemist. They didn't ask to see a prescription or a letter from the doctor.

If you are still unsure give the airport a call, they should be able to give you the latest info.

Good luck with your filghts :D

Lisa

Guest austibeach

A slightly amusing story regarding the carrying of medication.

When my wife and I arrived at Sydney a few years ago, we were stopped by a rather "sturdy" female as we approached the Green or Red channels coming through customs. We were asked if we had anything to declare, whereupon we informed her that we were carrying vitamin B12, Stemetil and Diamorphine; ( a class A drug ) ; along with syringes and needles.

The aforementioned "sturdy" customs officer looked at us as if we had suddenly grown an extra head and snapped, "NO I'M TALKING ABOUT FOOD"...........when I meekly responded, "No".....she said, "Well go through the Green channel"

We were both totally amazed, but carried on as instructed, clutching our Class A drugs and the letter we always carry to explain the need for them.

So it does make the refusal of the odd tube of cream seem rather silly these days.

Eric.

• 4 months later...
Guest JoanneHattersley
A slightly amusing story regarding the carrying of medication.

When my wife and I arrived at Sydney a few years ago, we were stopped by a rather "sturdy" female as we approached the Green or Red channels coming through customs. We were asked if we had anything to declare, whereupon we informed her that we were carrying vitamin B12, Stemetil and Diamorphine; ( a class A drug ) ; along with syringes and needles.

The aforementioned "sturdy" customs officer looked at us as if we had suddenly grown an extra head and snapped, "NO I'M TALKING ABOUT FOOD"...........when I meekly responded, "No".....she said, "Well go through the Green channel"

We were both totally amazed, but carried on as instructed, clutching our Class A drugs and the letter we always carry to explain the need for them.

So it does make the refusal of the odd tube of cream seem rather silly these days.

Eric.

I know this is an old posdt but I was just looking through the old stuff and thought that this was so so funny!

Guest Hezza

I am grinning too cos I think we've met the same "sturdy" lady!!............

we flew to Oz in December & my hubby's 40th was during the flight.

Emirates sang Happy Birthday to him & gave him a cake which was then packed away in a box.

Going through customs took AGES & just as the sliding doors were in sight,we were stopped by said customs woman..

"have you any FOOD?" she barked...."Er,no " I replied,I had completely forgotton about the cake,now balancing on top of the suitcases with a sniffer dog digging his way into it!!

I then went into this dithering,giggly,nervous mode when you think you're about to be arrested....trying to explain that it was OH birthday,kind peeps had given us cake,blah blah

and she shouted back

"well it sound like FOOD to me!"

and waved us through...........

She was about 3ft high and wide but SCARY!!!!:policeman:

Archived