Plastering

nholand86

Hi I am planning on moving to Perth within the next 18month hopefully with my partner and young son

We have a migration agent helping us out and paper work is almost ready to be submitted.

I am a plasterer in the UK qualified to nvq level 3 with over 10years experience and my partner is a hairdresser

What is the plastering wages like In Perth?

And if anybody that has made the move from uk to Perth as a plasterer any advice or information would be greatly appreciated

Thanks nick

My husband is a plumber/plasterer & tiler. We've been in nsw for just over 3 months now. He's working on a local council building & talking to plasterers here they are nearly all dry wall. One guy said they wet mix in Sydney

good luck with everything

My partners a solid plasterer, not sure if your fibrous or solid? We've been in Adelaide since January and he's had constant work since we arrived. His work is pretty much all rendering and texture coating and all outside work, the wage is good though probably less than other states due to lower cost of living. Cant comment on Perth but there seems to be quite a few jobs on gumtree.

Plenty solid plastering over here in Perth mate .. decent enough money 300+ a day for a decent firm. A few my Irish mates switched over to concrete tho and work away up north on big $$$ you'll be fine tho pal .. I got a job with a rendering squad in Melbourne also

• 1 month later...
Plenty solid plastering over here in Perth mate .. decent enough money 300+ a day for a decent firm. A few my Irish mates switched over to concrete tho and work away up north on big $$$ you'll be fine tho pal .. I got a job with a rendering squad in Melbourne also

Hi fellow Geordie, did you apply for the job before you arrived in Perth?

Hi all

Moving to Melbourne this year I am a solid plasterer in London.

Did any of you guys bother sending your tools over?

Also the solid work is it just rendering or do they do internal work like hear in uk?

I have a level 2 NVQ city and guilds qualification is that enough?

Any advice would be most appreciated.

Is the pay about the same?

Richie

Archived