Rentals and add ons?

Guest Tricky71

Guest Tricky71

Hi All,

I will be looking to rent for about 12 months when we get over to Brisbane later this year, can anyone point me in the direction of what you get as standard with rentals and what landlords allow as add ons?

Broadband?

Satelite TV?

Pets?

We are taking our cat with us and we will need a place that allows pets, the other 2 are pretty much must haves as I will be communicatin with the UK quite a bit and webcams will be getting hammered.

Are these standard on lets nowadays?

The Hickeys

Martin (37)

Becky (37)

Laura (14*)

Danny (12*)

*Age when we get to Oz.

Hiya ,most propertys have a telephone line in but its upto you to get a phone and internet connected.Foxtel again is up to you to arrange.The standard things arent much really a dishwasher if your lucky and of course walk in wardrobes!

A few houses do state no pets or outside pets only but as i say its only a few so i wouldnt panic too much.You will probably be asked to have it pest sprayed when you vacate but thats about it.

hope this helps a bit

Cal x

Guest Pinhead
Hi All,

I will be looking to rent for about 12 months when we get over to Brisbane later this year, can anyone point me in the direction of what you get as standard with rentals and what landlords allow as add ons?

Broadband?

Satelite TV?

Pets?

We are taking our cat with us and we will need a place that allows pets, the other 2 are pretty much must haves as I will be communicatin with the UK quite a bit and webcams will be getting hammered.

Are these standard on lets nowadays?

The Hickeys

Martin (37)

Becky (37)

Laura (14*)

Danny (12*)

*Age when we get to Oz.

You won't get satelite TV or broadband as a standard rental and very few properties will allow pets inside the property for obvious reasons.

You can of course take out satelite TV/broadband yourself at an additional cost but be careful as some packages are for 18/24 months.

Guest mandy1

Hi

We are in a rented house in Perth and we had to connect our phone, foxtel etc..We also had to inform gas & electricity. Some proeprties don't allow pets but those that do tend to charge a bond (here its about $100) and as cal says they expect you to get the house sprayed at the end of your tenancy.

Mandy x

Archived