police checks

Guest ambergirl

Guest ambergirl

Hi all,

Just in the process of my Independent skills visa (136a). When I was 16 I was with some one who was caught shop lifting and I subsequently received a police caution. Do I need to declare this as it is not a conviction?

I am so worried that I will lodge my application and then loose my money if I am refused. This was 12 years ago, there is no record of it on my CRB check which I have for my job as a nurse, though I realise that the police check is different for the visa application. Any advice on this would be great.

emma.

Hi Emma I believe as long as you wern't prosecuted and it didn't go to court you wont have any problem with the police check, if this is the case there is no need to mention it. karen&nigel :)

Guest Phil Olsen

Hi Emma

The police checks are provided for the character test for migration. They are assessing whther you would be of a character that they should not let into Australia.

The minor offence you mentioned probably wouldn't be on teh check anyway, but if it was it is not going to affect your application.

Regards

Archived