flights booked for november 2015

Zanre93

hi im new to this site but finding it helpful im going to visit family in perth in November for 3 week on my own but id love to stay out there and find work im a qualified nvq 2 plumber but I would work in any sector im just wondering what would be the best visa to go over on? I will be going over with about $5000

If you're from the UK, then what you're saying sounds like a Working Holiday Visa is the way to go, Subclass 417. Temporarily, anyhow.

I know it might sound stupid saying "If you're from the UK" especially due to the domain but not everyone on here is a Pom.

Do you have a visitor visa already? As you should always get a visa first before booking flights, no matter whether that being a WHV, visiting visa, and so on.

If you do have a visitor visa, applying for a subclass 417 will override your visitor one, and you MUST apply for this visa when outside of Australia.

It'll cost you roughly £210 to apply for this, and it gives you a year of holiday and working, or if you do 88 days of regional work you can apply for a second year. To help you out here is a link to areas of Australia that count for regional work http://www.visabureau.com/australia/regional-australia.aspx and here is a list of what regional work you can do to extend it. http://www.visabureau.com/australia/specified-work.aspx

If you do get this, then at least you can get employed (Up to 6 months, unless you write to immigration and get approval for longer employment) then at least this gives you an example of working and living in Australia and the life style to see if it is for you, and who knows, they might be so impressed they might sponsor you, but I believe it's roughly $3000 AUD for that Visa. It's certainly worth doing a lot of research on the Australian government website and going from there. Best of luck.

Archived