457 Visa

Strods

Hi all, just in the process of submitting mine and my partners application for the 457 sponser visa, got all of my application filled in now at the end of it im been asked to pay $3,400 to complete my application.

1st off - I was under the impression that the employer took care of fees and we didnt pay a doller.

2nd - If we have to pay is this fee for my application and my partners de facto application

HEEEEEEELLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Hi all, just in the process of submitting mine and my partners application for the 457 sponser visa, got all of my application filled in now at the end of it im been asked to pay $3,400 to complete my application.

1st off - I was under the impression that the employer took care of fees and we didnt pay a doller.

2nd - If we have to pay is this fee for my application and my partners de facto application

You would have to negotiate who pays what with the employer. Some will pay it, others will not.

If your employer is not paying it then yes, you need to pay it if you want a visa, it is up to you of course. You could just turn the job down, but visas are not free.

even if the company pays the fees for the sponsorship, you usually have to pay the fees for your own part of the visa. thats a fee for you, and another for your partner, and more for any kids involved. Plus any medicals or police checks required.

Be warned, the fees may well go up on July 1st.

We are looking into going 457, what is the breakdown of the fees as I thought the visa for 2 adults totalled $2070 - your price is an extra $1330 which we hadn't included??

There is an extra $700 per applicant if already in Australia on certain visas, like a working holiday visa for example.

To be honest the money isnt a problem, like i said in my original post i was just uner the impression the employer paid for the full process. if we have to pay then thats how it is. Thank you for your reply and shedding some light on to this for me.

even if the company pays the fees for the sponsorship, you usually have to pay the fees for your own part of the visa. thats a fee for you, and another for your partner, and more for any kids involved. Plus any medicals or police checks required.

Be warned, the fees may well go up on July 1st.

ok, so this is the total fee for me and my partner, once we have paid we can submit the applications and get onto the bridging visa

Archived