Moving to the Gold Coast..

youngfreewild

Hi we are moving to the Gold Coast in 3 weeks time :-)

Wondering how people get on with commuting to South Brisbane? Would love to live in Burleigh but think it might be too far to commute. If we lived around Nerang how would the commute be? The train route looks like it would take just over an hour but looking for some feedback from people who might have done it and can give me a more realistic expectation.

I don't have a job yet, but hoping I'd be able to find something in South Brisbane. (I work in Finance) Again, is this realistic or are most of the jobs central?

Cheers in advance

The motorway between the Gold Coast and Brisbane can be pretty awful, especially if there is an accident. Today there was a couple of crashes and it was km after km of traffic jam. Same as the UK really, it's busier during rush hour, but I know plenty of people that do the drive each day. No idea on the trains, I'm afraid!! I know it'll take over an hour each way though.

Trains are very busy but they recently put on more trains at peak times

The motorway is very busy at peak times for sure but so many do the drive so yes it can be done

Crashes happen like they do everywhere and there have been a few bad ones with big tail backs over the last few days

I would say the train over the drive which is what my daughter does to Uni

If driving I always try and avoid rush hours as it can be more than one hour lol

Archived