Mistake on eMedical Health Declaration

CaptainC

I have just been looking at my medical declaration on the eMedical form and realised I might have made a mistake. I answered no to one of the questions and now I can't change it.

The question is

"Have you ever been admitted to hospital and/or received medical treatment for an extended period for any reason (including for a major operation or treatment of a psychiatric illness)?"

I was admitted to hospital in 2003 with Appendicitis and had an operation to remove it, I only stayed in hospital for about 4 days though.

Any thoughts on my next action? Can I go back and change it somehow? Or, shall I just point out the mistake to the Doctor when I go for the medical on the 13th June?

You could mention it to the doctor but since it is for a self limiting condition (a removed appendix is not going to go wrong again) and was 12 years ago with no ill effects, I would think you could just say that removal of an appendix didn't seem to be "medical treatment for an extended period" and was certainly not "a major operation".

You could mention it to the doctor but since it is for a self limiting condition (a removed appendix is not going to go wrong again) and was 12 years ago with no ill effects, I would think you could just say that removal of an appendix didn't seem to be "medical treatment for an extended period" and was certainly not "a major operation".

Yes I will most likely just say that to the doctor. I'm sure it will be ok. Thanks

Archived