UK Passport renewal

nige108

Just did my sons renewal. Was actually quicker than I've ever waited in the UK!! Did it all online, printed and sent off the forms (went to the post office and did registered post) and within a month we had the new passport through. And you can track it all online!

You can do it through Auspost - check their website to see which has a UK Passport service.

One thing to consider though, the applications go to Wellington, NZ. We applied for a passport for my daughter in 2013 and it took something like 8 weeks to sort out. The reason for this was they had a query and then misread one letter in my email address, sending it out to the wrong email address. No-one chased it up, despite having two telephone numbers (and presumably a bounced email) and it ended up with me needing to call a premium rate line in the UK for an update.

Not so impressive, and it was expensive.

You can do it through Auspost - check their website to see which has a UK Passport service.

Not any more. Australia Post stopped doing the British Passport applications last year. They now only do passport photos but will check your application for you. All applications have to be done online now and they're mailed to the UK.

I renewed my British passport last month. Took about a fortnight for the new passport to come back.

My hubby's took 2 weeks and came back by DHL. He was disappointed that he didn't get his old one back so we called the UK passport office and they said it is sent separately and arrived a couple of days later! Very good service!

Archived