just a bit of advise please

Guest donovan

Guest donovan

hello everyone, have not been on the site for a while, can anyone tell me , we had a letter today from dima which said "we wish to acknowledge the application for c bnsub class 136 skilled independent visa received in this office on 15 th aug"do they go by this date as been lodged or is it when a case officer is issued.? hope this is not a dumb question

sarah

Guest Missiemo
hello everyone, have not been on the site for a while, can anyone tell me , we had a letter today from dima which said "we wish to acknowledge the application for c bnsub class 136 skilled independent visa received in this office on 15 th aug"do they go by this date as been lodged or is it when a case officer is issued.? hope this is not a dumb question

sarah

HI Sarah

I think I am right in saying it is the date received at the office.

Good Luck MO

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Sarah

I've not seen a letter from DIMA in connection with this particular visa. However, I assume that the process is the same for all visas, in which case 15 August is the date that it was officially lodged, and is the start-date, in effect.

They don't allocate it to a particular CO straightaway as far as I can work out. We had letters from ladies who didn't claim to be anything in particular, and then we had the magic one from a new lady who said, "I am the processing officer for your application and I am happy to advise that it is now nearing completion." We had never heard of her until then, but she then stayed with us until the end and was incredibly helpful.

It is a slow, frustrating process, these applications for migration to Australia, but they come right in the end.

Good luck with yours.

Gill

Guest donovan

thanks missiemo & gollywobbler for your advise, hey gollywobbler when are you going our to oz?

I think this site would be lost without you

sarah

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Sarah

I'm not going to Oz. My sister lives there and has done for about 25 years. My mother has recently obtained a contributory parent visa so that she can come & go from Ox exactly as she pleases without needing permission from DIMA. I'm staying in the UK, though. Mum is well into her 80s now and DIMA were becoming difficult about letting her have repeated tourist visas. Thank God the Contributory Parent visa came along just when I needed it for Mum, because the time was doing to come when either DIMA decided that she was high risk because of her age, or her doctors would stop her from globetrotting. To tell Mum that she would have to stay in the UK, unable to be with her gradchildren who are in Oz, would be the equivalent of ringing up an undertaker and getting a quote for her funeral frankly.

But I decided years ago to leave Oz to my sister. She doesn't need me dogging her footsteps. When we were kids, at school in the UK, thick-witted trachers used to tell her, "Your're not like your sister, are you? She passes every exam with no troublle." What a stupid thing to tell a child. I think Elaine wanted to get as far away as she could from these unhelpful comparisons. Damn the techers anyway because my sister is now one of the world's authorities on the quality of merino wool. She worked her way up from being a shedhand in a shearing team on a working holiday visa. I wouldn't have dreamt of muscling in and stealing her thunder. (Neither would you catch me anywhere near a sheep, but that is another matter!)

Cheers

Gill

Archived