EOI' s in June???

Hodgies2Oz

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hello, anyone here who submitted EOI with 60pts in May-June? Just want to know the timeline of waiting... thanks!

Hi, with 60 pts you're looking at waiting for at least two rounds and an invite on the third. This is approximate because the last few rounds have had a lot less available invites than other rounds. For example the last round was 500 invites when usually there are between 1000 and 1300 per round. (Based on 2500 invites per month, two rounds per month)

Just some information for all who have an invitation to apply.

The SOL list will be updated on 1st July and some occupations may be removed, (last year some got added and I don't recall anything getting removed).

So, if you were to apply before that date and your occupation is removed, it won't matter because your application is in the system from the date of submission.

But, if you wait until 1st July or later and your occupation is removed then.....well you can guess the rest.

(This isn't advice, just information!)

I think you may be only partially right. As far as I know, even if you have an active/lodged visa application and your occupation is not on the SOL, you STILL get relegated to priority group 5 which means your application will be processed...never.

If this does happen, I think the only thing that will save you is that your visa application has already been allocated to a CO, since priority processing only applies to the order in which applications are allocated. I wouldn't wish it on anybody that their occupation is struck off, especially if they haven't had a CO yet.

I think you may be only partially right. As far as I know, even if you have an active/lodged visa application and your occupation is not on the SOL, you STILL get relegated to priority group 5 which means your application will be processed...never.

If this does happen, I think the only thing that will save you is that your visa application has already been allocated to a CO, since priority processing only applies to the order in which applications are allocated. I wouldn't wish it on anybody that their occupation is struck off, especially if they haven't had a CO yet.

Interesting info, I've just been doing a bit of reading on the subject and it appears that you're correct, although I wonder whether @wrussell may be able to give a definitive answer?

Also , if you guys have an idea about flagged occupations this year ?

I have got the following info but need your guess on the basis of experience

http://www.awpa.gov.au/our-work/labour-market-information/skilled-occupation-list/documents/FlaggedOccupations.pdf

I'm not sure this list is current, AWPA doesn't exist anymore.

But there's no updates to the list as far as I'm aware so it's the best we have to go on.

We have been waiting for the SOL(and flagged list) for 15-16 since ages!!! I understand that it will be effective from 1st July but normally they release the list by 10th June.

Yes, it is normally a few weeks early every year. Maybe it's got something to do with the merger between immigration and customs effective 1st July

I wish they dont flag systems analyst!

Do you know if it is flagged? I know it was on the previous list, but I don't know if that list still applies.

I suppose any occupation may be at risk whether or not it was ever on the list.

I think we just have to hope that we make it through any cuts.

Well I had the reference of AWPA only but since you are saying its not effective anymore. Also, in that list i was amazed to see some of the occupations that area flagged for the 2015-16 session even though they have been unable to reach ceiling this year or merely 40%.

Well I had the reference of AWPA only but since you are saying its not effective anymore. Also, in that list i was amazed to see some of the occupations that area flagged for the 2015-16 session even though they have been unable to reach ceiling this year or merely 40%.

Just to be clear,

I said 'I don't think it's effective anymore.'

So I have had to submit another EOI today for the 189 visa - it was previously 190 but they have said no to my OH at the moment. So the wait begins again!!! Although the immi site now has dates for the next rounds, so that's helpful rather than everyone guessing! So July 6th.....more waiting.

Oh, sorry to hear you didn't get the state nomination.

So you'll have 60 points now? Or 65?

What's the occupation?

Good news that they are starting to publish the dates, you're right, it's better than guessing!

Pity it took so long with you waiting in limbo. Now at least you know what the hold up was, and can just put that behind you and get cracking on the 189.

Thanks Captain. We were going to go for the 189 originally but thought there might be more chance on the 190 in Victoria as they have my OH job on the list - Software. Should have just gone with our original plan, but never mind. We still have 65 points so fingers crossed - now I can relax until 6th July and see what happens. If no luck on that day, keep waiting......getting the hang of this waiting business!!!

When we get invited what is the time frame within which we have to make payment and send them supporting documents? I somewhere read its 2 months, is this correct? If yes, does it help to quicken the process if we make the payment immediately and also send the documents rather than waiting for 2 months? Or will they review only after 2 months?

When we get invited what is the time frame within which we have to make payment and send them supporting documents? I somewhere read its 2 months, is this correct? If yes, does it help to quicken the process if we make the payment immediately and also send the documents rather than waiting for 2 months? Or will they review only after 2 months?

You're correct, it's 60 days from date of invitation to fill in the application and pay the fee. If you start to scan your documents as per the checklist now, and save them to your computer, then it makes the whole upload process a lot easier. All of mine were scanned ready. Apart from a PCC that I hadn't received back yet, all of the documents were uploaded in less than an hour.

Your application date starts from when you pay. In my case I paid nine days after receiving the invite. Once you pay then you can upload, not before.

Also when does Form 80 have to be filed? After we get invited or along with the EOI application itself?

Form 80 is a form which is generally requested when you are allocated a CO. You can choose to complete it and upload it along with all of your other visa application evidence or you can wait to see if it is asked for. Your choice.

I had it confirmed by a MARA agent that if you have an application for visa in and then your occupation is removed from a SOL, then it will be processed as normal, it is irrelevant whether you have a CO or not.

Basically, she said that the legislation in force at time of lodgement is the one that applies. Also, you won't be relegated to a lower priority processing level, as that only applies to the visa subclass and not to any particular occupation group.

The above only applies to people with active lodged visa applications and not to people in the EOI stage.

I had it confirmed by a MARA agent that if you have an application for visa in and then your occupation is removed from a SOL, then it will be processed as normal, it is irrelevant whether you have a CO or not.

Basically, she said that the legislation in force at time of lodgement is the one that applies. Also, you won't be relegated to a lower priority processing level, as that only applies to the visa subclass and not to any particular occupation group.

The above only applies to people with active lodged visa applications and not to people in the EOI stage.

Glad to be proven wrong on that score. I wonder if this also applies if any changes to the 189 visa rules, outside of the SOL, take effect from 1st July. Say, they change the way points are awarded in skillselect or bring in additional eligibility requirements like minimum work experience, I presume any such changes wouldn't apply retrospectively?

Glad to be proven wrong on that score. I wonder if this also applies if any changes to the 189 visa rules, outside of the SOL, take effect from 1st July. Say, they change the way points are awarded in skillselect or bring in additional eligibility requirements like minimum work experience, I presume any such changes wouldn't apply retrospectively?

No. The overriding statement in this, is that the legislation that is in force on the day you lodge the VISA application is the legislation that you'll be bound to. So, regardless of any changes to any rules, a VISA applicant would not be affected.

Archived