Northern Beaches schools

Guest ozbods

Guest ozbods

Hi

Trying to find some names of good schools to send my 11 year old girl and 9 year old girl.

Have a job offer in Brookvale so would like to live some where within a 30min commute.

Can not afford private so would like public school.

Like Dee Why and collaroy area bur not sure if these are good family area.

Any advise and help on areas to live and schools with those areas would be very much appreciated.

:v_SPIN:

Guest MoreSkippy

Hi ozbods, I guess you know that you'll have to pay OZ govt state schools in the tune of $4,500 per child (NSW, and assuming that you're coming on 457 visa). Then you have school fees + fees for books etc...

We are also thinking of moving to DEE WHY. I'll be going there as part of my job on two weeks reconnaissance mission and will try to suss out schools, area and accommodation.

Will keep you all posted.

• 8 months later...
Guest sssazzzz

Hi Ozbods!

I have just had the same dilemma with schools. We are currently living in Manly & the school for my 12 year old ,which we had looked into whilst in the uk, was over-full so I sought the principal's advice & have just enrolled her into "Cromer Campus" (secondary school) in Dee Why - I found out today that they also have a primary school. They are both public (so no private fees) & accept international students!!! Seem really good schools.

Also my 9 year old has started (a week ago) at "Manly Village Public School" - don't know if maybe a bit far for you but I recommend it so far!!!! Good luck & let me know how you get on.

We arrived in Manly about a month ago. It is such a fab place, we really love living here. My hubby has now started work in the CBD and with the kids at school I am finding I am missing my friends as haven't met anyone yet. If you would like to meet for a coffee when the kids are settled in schools, contact me!!

sssazzzz

Guest sssazzzz

Hi Ozbods,

Oops sorry just realised my mistake, when you'd asked why no-one had replied - thought it was a recent post but now seen that you've been here a while!!!!

Serious about the coffee though............

Hi everyone

We are moving to Sydney in June, probably to the Northern Beaches. I will be working in the CBD so Dee Why or maybe a little further north is about my commuting limit. We want to send our 7 year old (currently year 3 in UK) to a private school somewhere reasonably close, say within 10km of Dee Why. Any recommendations anyone?

Archived