Help 457 No GCSE certificates- Do u need them?

KimberleeG92

Hello,

My Husband and I are 85% of the way through our visa application and 'Educational qualifications' is a mandatory field- but, my husband doesnt have any certificate for his GCSE's.

I know u can get hold of them online if ypu apply and pay but that will mean another 2 month wait before lodging our application :-(.

Has anyone lodged a 457 and been approved without providing GCSE certificates. He has proof of his trade certificate.

Help please [emoji16] x

• 1 month later...

Hi I have a similar question, How about dates for GCSE/A levels? The application asks for dates. I have had a guess at the dates and put the start of year 10 and then the end of year 11.... I am sure it is not a massive deal but thought I should ask around for reassurance.

Thanks for getting back to me.

The trouble is the form asks for a start and end date... otherwise I would definantly have just put July 2001 as you say.

The question has made me think they wanted the course start and end dates rather than the exam dates.

It has been a while to be honest but I thought we started work for GCSE's in year 10 - I could easily be wrong.

Which ever way I go, I can be pretty confident with the month but its going to be tough to figure out the exact dates.

Thanks for getting back to me.

The trouble is the form asks for a start and end date... otherwise I would definantly have just put July 2001 as you say.

The question has made me think they wanted the course start and end dates rather than the exam dates.

It has been a while to be honest but I thought we started work for GCSE's in year 10 - I could easily be wrong.

Which ever way I go, I can be pretty confident with the month but its going to be tough to figure out the exact dates.

A level courses and GCSE courses are deemed two years long, so work backwards., I am presuming you can remember what year you left school!

Having said that, I am really very sure that this information is not required and you are worrying over nothing.

Archived