subclass 600 visa questions....

SO! I want to go back to AUS to visit family and friends after going there on a Holiday Working visa back in 2013-14. I can't apply for a second Holiday working visa, so I believe the subclass 600 visitor visa is my best option since I want to stay for as long as possible (ideally for the full 12 months). I miss it so much! That being said, I feel like the government website is missing some details I need before I apply, so HALP! My questions are:

If I have financial support from my mom in Canada and my Uncle in AUS, does that increase my chances of a longer stay? Or do I have to pay for everything myself?

How much money should I have when I apply? Does your bank account influence the application process? Could I apply for the visa without having all the mandatory funds and continue to save until my departure?

I have my family's home in AUS that I'll be staying at, does that help?

If I get granted only 3 months or 6 months, can I reapply for more time? Or do I have to leave?

I really want to make this work. I want to do it right, and I want to make sure I have all my t's crossed and i"s dotted. Any insight would be looooovely! Thank you!

:) <3

The application will be assessed to determine whether you are a genuine tourist (not going to work in breach of the conditions) and evidence of financial means to support yourself for the entire period that you will be in Australia. Therefore, evidence of financial savings, and of the existence of financial support from both your mother in Canada and your uncle in Australia would assist your application. As to the family home in AUS - it helps to the extent that you have a place to live and therefore reducing the amount of money which you will need to support yourself in Australia (presuming it is rent free?), but on the other hand will be a factor that DIBP will consider as to whether or not you are a genuine tourist. A 6-month visa would be more likely than the 12 (a case officer will decide what period to grant). If you only get 3 or 6 months, the question of whether you will be able to apply for another visa while in Australia will depend on whether the visa is granted with a "no further stay" condition or not. If you are granted only 3 or 6 months and your visa does not include a "no further stay" condition, then you may be able to apply for another visa while in Australia. Requests for longer stay visitor visas receive more scrutiny from case officers, so if you want to achieve the longest possible stay, you may wish to consult a registered migration agent to prepare the application; also a registered migration agent will be able to advise you as to whether you may be eligible for other classes of visa.

THANK YOU SO MUCH! This helped a lot, and I have begun the application process now. I know this can take some time, so I'll get all the documents I need in order as well before applying. With the documents that I need to attach, how would I do that with an online visa application?

I was also wondering the criteria for an invitation letter. How can it be sent? Does it have to be a physical letter, or would an email or PDF file suffice?

Archived