457 visa

Guest Daveyboy1969

Guest Daveyboy1969

does anyone know how you go about getting a company to sponsor you on a 457 visa?

thanks

the berrys

Hi.

Having not done this myself I'm only speaking from reading other people's posts on here and from other sources, but it seems sending out your CV to as many companies as possible seems to be one way. Some have been over to Oz and met with employers that way. There are lots of websites and databases where employers advertise positions they want filled and also ones where people wanting sponsorship post their CV's.

Basically hard work but it does seem to pay off for some.

Maybe someone will post on here shortly who's done it themselves. What occupations do you do?

Kate

Guest Daveyboy1969

Hi Kate

I'm a print finisher which involves everything after the print process. My agent, who I havent signed to yet, has told me my best option is to get state sponsored by SA but I've heard so many negative reports on Adelaide,mainly from my friends in Oz so I'm trying to work out my other options.

thanks

Dave Sue Jacob and Ronnie

Well don't get too down on SA. If I were you I would post a new thread on here asking what people think of Adelaide who live there. Some people love it and I'm sure they'll tell you what they love about it.

Maybe have a browse on the internet at firms anywhere in Oz and email them. My hubby is a dryliner so I did exactly this and although I didn't attach a CV I just asked if they are looking for workers and if they're interested in sponsoring someone from the UK. I got replies, all negative! I might add, but I only emailed about 3. You never know.

Good luck though.

Kate

Guest Daveyboy1969

Have just found a print recruitment agency on the web that are over here looking for UK printers in June, what a stroke of luck. will give them a call first thing monday, fingers crossed!!!!

Thanks Kate

Dave

I just thought I'd let you know (but I'm sure you've already seen it) there's another post here if you look under New Posts called Thought we'd say hello. This is family who have just made the move to Adelaide, so maybe go on there and ask a few questions. They've said they're happy to answer any.

does anyone know how you go about getting a company to sponsor you on a 457 visa?

thanks

the berrys

Hello and welcolme to PIO. We too are trying to 457 sponsorship but we are also applying to a state nominated visa through Western Australian Government.

Basically we started with a recruitment agency in Perth and we are now on our second one. It is very time consuming, as there are only so many companies that are willing to offer 457 sponsorship. We have also sent out numerous cv's to various companies that I have found on the internet. In my cover letter, I state right out that I am looking for 457 sponsorship. (Well actually it's my OH's position I am applying for, but he is not too swift on the computer).

I have had only a few responses so far, one was flat no, they don't offer 457 but to contact them once we land in Perth. One is in the early stages of international recruitment.

Do you qualify for any other type of visa. Even if you don't qualify for the 175 skilled visa there are other options as well. We are going to try both routes and see which one comes through first. Have you passed your TRA yet???

It does get very frustrating, but I am confident that we will be down in Oz one fo these days.

Cheers

Karen

Archived