What certificates will a joiner need for wokring in Aus????

first thread ive ever done so apologies if its a little all over the place!!!!

Basically im a joiner working in scotland just now. i have my ace card and my SVQ level 3 in carpentry and joinery. Read a few threads about people needing to do a skills assessment and it costs 1300 quid?? can anyone advise if thats something i will need to do???

Thanks guys!

yeah i heard its all pretty expensive, thats why we wanted to do a trial year first before committing to spending loads of cash!! dont suppose u know the ball park figure of what it costs for someone to get a proper visa do you??

Here are the prices as of the 1st July. The visas you would be likely to apply for are a 189 or a 190.

http://www.immi.gov.au/pub-res/Documents/budget/VAC-increases-fact-sheet.pdf

in addition, allow $1000 for police and medical checks. Plus what ever the skills assessment costs.

This is assumes you case is simple and you do it yourself. If you decide to appoint an agent then about another $2k.

• 3 months later...

My partner is a joiner. We have just applied for skills assessment with Victoria university. Cost is $2000 which includes document assessment and technical interview where you have to go to (our closest is london). It takes 13 weeks for this from time they confirm decision ready. And we have waiter 2 weeks so far but not yet decision ready so you may be looking at 4months to have the skills part approved. Then you can apply for expression of interest for the visa

Let me know when you are here and if you need work, I need over 20 + carpenters as we speak? I am based in Sydney.

cheers

Hi,

we are in the very early stages of our visa process but will be looking to come to Sydney.

Husband is a qualified highly experienced carpenter with 19 years in the trade.

Looking online it seems the carpentry jobs are plentiful at the moment.

Kylee

Archived