Small wedding venue

Guest SAS

:smile:Am over in August doing a reccie to make decision as to whether to move over or not. We are looking to get married whilst out on holiday and are looking for a small venue, can anyone help? Looked at Camelot Castle as lovely small and quaint but they are shut in July and August. Probably looking at a max of 10 people and possibly and overnight stay.

• 1 month later...
Guest Guest9973

I've just noticed your post.

Lots of small places to choose from.You could get married at venues using a celebrant (even in a public park with permission).

McLaren Vale has loads of venues and wineries to do this at.

Just down the road from Woodcroft is St Francis Winery............ St Francis Winery • South Australia

:yes:

• 5 weeks later...
Guest bellaroo

Just a few suggestions from an ex Adelaidean! These are nearly all places that I considered (but then got married in St Ives, Cornwall - go figure!!).

In any event, I think the rules are far more relaxed than the UK. Assuming you are looking for civil, not church?

The licence is attached to the civil celebrant and not the venue. So you would just need to find a celebrant that agrees to your choice of venue - you have a lot of freedom to find someone with personality (not just a bored council officer (no offence to all of you council officers out there, you do a fab job, but...)). I don't think that there is any residency qualification required to marry in Oz, but you must be free to marry and you have to lodge a notice that you are intending to marry... not sure about visas but do check it out before hand! and i am sure you have, so you don' t need me to tell you about visas!!

On to more exciting things.... i don't know what the charges are for these venues, but just some ideas for in and around Adelaide (but not too far, and very picturesque). some are reception / some are wedding and reception

- d'arrys verandah at the d'arenberg winery in mclaren vale just lovely

- penny's hill winery

- star of greece restaurant at port willunga (gorgeous beach). not quite sure if they are still doing weddings, as it changed management a while back and i heard that they were "choosy"

- the flying fish at horsehoe bay, port elliot - even if you don't get married here, make sure you go for a visit....stunning little bay, best fish, chips and coopers pale ale!! i think this is divine!

- bridgewater mill (one of the older places in adelaide)

- outside of the adelaide cricket oval / front of the cathedral in the rose garden

- botanic cafe on north terrace

- botanical gardens in centre of town

- carrick hill (this is probably the most upmarket)

- windy point (stunning views, silver service)

- mt lofty house

- the lion hotel in north adelaide

Good luck, hope you find somewhere! It is so much fun! And if you find somewhere, a good hairdresser is a guy called mark at liquid on gouger street, or even paisley park on unley road!!

Oh, and one last thing, they don't do weddings (so fas as i know), but make sure you go to Shaw & Smith winery in the hills, handorf - wonderful wines, stunning setting, romantic - they charge AU$10 for a plate of cheeses and 6 generous glasses of wine to taste. sit down on the verandah and soak up the atmosphere. ring ahead to make sure they are open though! and find someone else to drive!

Bellaroo

Archived