Prospective marraige visa outside australia current processing times

bev1978

hi everyone

there is lots of conflicting info as to the the length of time this visa is taking to process. The website states 6-10 but some forums suggest up to 14. can anyone who received theirs recently or who is part way through the process give some indicator as to the state of play.

mine is a simple case my fiancé is in the uk there are no children involved etc.

Also, how do you go about front loading the visa with the medical info?? i remember from my PR that the Hospital had to upload to the immi site directly so how do they do that if the medicals haven't been requested??

thanks bev

PMV lodged May 2015

My confirmation letter (and lots of others) stated 10 - 14 looooong months. The letter also gives dates as to when to get your medical and police checks done (mine are due the end of next month). Don't think you will find anyone 'front loading' partner visa applications anymore, they are taking too long to process for things to remain valid.

Best of luck

Good things come to those who wait!!

hi everyone

there is lots of conflicting info as to the the length of time this visa is taking to process. The website states 6-10 but some forums suggest up to 14. can anyone who received theirs recently or who is part way through the process give some indicator as to the state of play.

mine is a simple case my fiancé is in the uk there are no children involved etc.

Also, how do you go about front loading the visa with the medical info?? i remember from my PR that the Hospital had to upload to the immi site directly so how do they do that if the medicals haven't been requested??

thanks bev

PMV lodged May 2015

You need to be more specific than "outside Australia" - each High Commission is different.

And no point front-loading any more, just wait until the CO reqests the medicals, or you risk having to do them twice.

Archived