looking to make friends in Campbelltown area

Hi,

We are new to Australia, as we arrived in January. We are looking to make friends in and around the Campbelltown area. We have 2 girls aged 3 and 5 and would love to meet and make new friends. Originally from Yorkshire, but spent last 8 years in Scotland.

• 2 months later...

How are you getting on? I was just looking through the 'Unanswered Threads' when I noticed your thread, and I see it is two months since you posted it. It can take a while to settle in to a new home. Is it any easier now? I Googled "Meet Ups Campbelltown" and found this site. Libraries are often good places to find information about social events as they usually have notice boards. It's funny but I keep forgetting that my brother lives in Campbelltown area now - Mt Annan. He only moved there this year after 25 years in Picnic Point, so in a way, they moved there about the same time as you, and are in the 'same boat!' My sister in law did tell me that she misses going to a supermarket where she always meets ladies who she met 'at the school gates' who have raised their kids to adulthood.

http://www.meetup.com/South-West-Sydney-and-Macarthur-Region-Connection/

Good Luck,

I have pretty much given up trying to make friends here, no one wants to know. Im 48 and don't have small children, they are grown up adults now, so meeting new mum's at the school gate is long gone. I have tried really hard here, the local library for new meet's and nothing. Don't get me wrong people are friendly enough when you talk to them, but missing that special friend is really starting to get to me. I don't work, at the moment (trying to get a job), and that's another matter. I hate the suburb where we are living its awful, sorry I don't mean to whinge but this is how I feel.

Good Luck,

I have pretty much given up trying to make friends here, no one wants to know. Im 48 and don't have small children, they are grown up adults now, so meeting new mum's at the school gate is long gone. I have tried really hard here, the local library for new meet's and nothing. Don't get me wrong people are friendly enough when you talk to them, but missing that special friend is really starting to get to me. I don't work, at the moment (trying to get a job), and that's another matter. I hate the suburb where we are living its awful, sorry I don't mean to whinge but this is how I feel.

Sorry to hear that. I've not really been out too much at the minute. Able to work from Aug 25th so just started job hunting. What suburb are you living in?

Never been so not had the pleasure lol. Ingleburn seems ok so far. We rent one of those villa thingies down a quiet cul-de-sac so apart from yapping dogs it's nice and quiet. I'm lucky as my wife is an Aus and knows the area really well.

Good Luck,

It's not always easy to settle in anywhere. I don't have a "special" friend either after seven years here, but it have lots of other friends. I keep intending to do some voluntary work to replace "real" work.

• 6 months later...

Hi, just picked this thread up. I live in Campbelltown with my husband, we are mid to late forties have taken 6 years to get here. Hubby works but I'm also struggling to get work, would love to meet up and grab a coffe if you're interested. If so PM me.

Hi,

We are new to Australia, as we arrived in January. We are looking to make friends in and around the Campbelltown area. We have 2 girls aged 3 and 5 and would love to meet and make new friends. Originally from Yorkshire, but spent last 8 years in Scotland.

Hi, I live in Campbelltown with my hubby, grown up kids in the uk but would be willing to meet up for a coffee in MacArthur Square shopping centre if you're interested? PM me if you're still looking for a social. We moved here October 2015 from North Yorkshire.

Hey

we are renting near Penrith (hate the bloody place)

Hubby and I are also renting near Penrith and I HEAR YA!! Don't get me wrong it has everything you need: buses, trains, shopping centre, schools, hospital.... all of them out-dated but still livable.... We're within walking distance of all.

But it's the people! The "westie" mentality.

I lived in the UK 20+ years and never had any contact with the police, never needed to. Here we've been robbed twice, I've been at court as a witness of violent crime, I am nervous on the train at any time of day....

The one close friend I have is Australian but lived overseas for half their life. Others I have met here are acquaintances at best, they have lots & lots of "mates" but no close friends.

Archived