TRA sent yesterday

nickywes

Hi all

Just thought I would introduce us. We are Paul (bricklayer), me (Nicky) general dogsbody, Amy 23, Ria 22, Danny 15 and hoping to be out there in about a year or so.

Have posted a couple of questions before and lots of kind peeps have helped us no end. We sent our TRA off to be assessed yesterday by courier. Should be there by the end of the week with any luck so fingers crossed. It has taken 6 months of hard work to compile it all because of being self-employed and a Limited Co. but now I feel like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders.

We are going over to Queensland for 3 weeks on the 5th November to have a good look round. I have been reading lots of posts and really like the sound of the Bayside area.

Would like to say a big thank you to Paula (The Downies) who really helped me.

Nicky

:D:D :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hi Johanne

Thanks for the reply and good luck. I do worry in case we are refused and will cry and scream if they do but what can you do. I sent enough paperwork to them, a whole tree worth I reckon.

Where in Essex are you? We are in Hoddesdon, Herts. What area are you looking to go to?

Can't wait to go visit with different views on it now, as it will be a place to live etc. not just a holiday.

Nicky

Guest Missiemo
Hi Johanne

Thanks for the reply and good luck. I do worry in case we are refused and will cry and scream if they do but what can you do. I sent enough paperwork to them, a whole tree worth I reckon.

Where in Essex are you? We are in Hoddesdon, Herts. What area are you looking to go to?

Can't wait to go visit with different views on it now, as it will be a place to live etc. not just a holiday.

Nicky

Hi Nicky

We are also from your end of the world, most beautiful part of england of coarse, hubby from Saffron Walden Essex also Bricklayer and me from Bishops Stortford Hertfordshire, Accountant, all the luck in the world with the TRA, fingers crossed.

Mo

Hi Nicky

We are Romford, so no more, I have family in Waltham Cross, we are hoping to head to Perth, my husband is worried about the weather in Melbourne, but we have never to been to Aussie, you watch all these programmes and people dont come back are they all seem really happy with there new lives, we are going for the children i have twins boys aged 7 and a girl 18 months and the boys love the outdoor life and we dont feel that this country has anything to offer them, have you got parents :?: my mum is refusing to speak about it (only to me) she speaks about it to everbody else. I see you are going out for a holiday in November are you all going :?:

johanne

Hi Nicky

...my husband is worried about the weather in Melbourne

?

Weather in Melbourne is ideal. We have seasons! Very mild winters (maybe four mronng per year with a light frost) and better and nicer summers, spings and autumns than the UK.

What's he worried about... Glad to advise. 8)

Hi Nicky

...my husband is worried about the weather in Melbourne

?

(maybe four mronng per year with a light frost)

Hmm Spooling Chucker needed

(maybe four mornings per year with a light frost) 8)

we were reading somewhere and they said you can get 4 seasons in one day, my husband is only happy when the weather is hot, also he doesnt like the cold or damp, can you advise on hoe cold it get :?: and for how many months :?:

Nicky

my reply should have read enough said about Romford, if you have ever spent a friday or saturday evening there you would know what i mean, as you can tell we would not get a skilled visa 136 on my typing skills

my husband is only happy when the weather is hot

I suspect your husband (like lots of Poms) is getting 'nice and warm, like in Spain' mixed up with hot. It gets very hot here, maybe not so much in Melb, but still very hot. Has he ever worked, commuted (and the worse one for me) done all the Xmas running around in 40C+?

Although a lot of Poms go to Bribane, Perth. I'd say Melbourne is a good introduction the Aussie weather, it has a bit of everything rather than too much of anything.

Hi Johanne

Sounds like most people all want the same from emigration, a better way of life, sun etc. Mostly we want to be less stressed, although until all the kids leave home I doubt that will happen!! Even at their ages they are still irritating me most of the time. By the way I have been to Romford many years ago. There was a nightclub, can't remember what it was called now.

Hoddesdon is just as bad as anywhere now though, recently there has been a drive by machine gun shooting, which killed the bloke (drug related apparently!) and 2 stabbings in the last 2 weeks. It may look like a sleepy little town but I worry every time my 15yr old boy goes out now.

My husband wants the sun and heat but I do worry about being able to cope with it myself as I am fair skinned. You don't know until you try though do you.

I have got a mother but haven't spoken to her for years now and she really wouldn't care whether we went or not. My husbands mum is OK about it now but says things like 'you will miss me you know' and you may not like it. Doesn't want her baby to go!! I wish we had done it years ago now as it would have been much easier getting the girls out there.

Nicky

we were reading somewhere and they said you can get 4 seasons in one day, my husband is only happy when the weather is hot, also he doesnt like the cold or damp, can you advise on hoe cold it get :?: and for how many months :?:

Okay and broadly...

Spring and Autumn are like a good english summer.

Summer is like a hot Spanish or Greek summer

Winter is like an English spring.

But there *are* four seasons.... and the weather is not normally humid and sweaty like bits of Queensland and NSW.

The variability in the weather is associated with seasonal changes in weather patterns. We *do* get hot northerly winds in summer... these come down from the red centre, and result in a few days each year of 40C+ (but only a few)... when the northerly winds are finally defeated by a westerly the temperature can drop quite dramatically (about 10C in half an hour, sometimes accompanied by rain, or a thunderstorm..)

Melbourne gets a raw deal when it is weather described to others. Queenslanders describe it as cols (which in comparison to Qld it probably is... but queensland is tropical)... Sydneysiders describe it as wet...which is strange, since Sydney typically gets more rain....

You've got to remeber how big Autsralia is...and the actual geographical distances between cities... Perth to Sydney is 4.5 hours on a plane... That would takle you from London to tel Aviv!...and almost all of the way to New York!

The way you are talking about the weather in Melbourne sounds absolutely ideal for me. It is very difficult to choose what part would suit best isn't it and there are only so many times we can get out there to have a look round. Maybe Melbourne will be a place to have a look at after all. So far we have definitely decided on Perth and then it went to Brisbane and now Melbourne is in the equation too. Mind boggling.

Nicky

Hi Nicky,

Just been reading your posts, we are not very far from yourselves we are in small village Furneux Pelham not far from Bishop's Stortford or Buntingford. We visited Perth in April what a great place we are on the move because we have 2 kids son 14 and daughter 11 and hope it can only be a better place to bring them up. My husbands a plumber so going on skilled 136 visa he's passed tra just waiting to get a case officer sent main application off 22nd august. Best of luck with your application.

Cheryl

Guest Missiemo
Hi Nicky,

Just been reading your posts, we are not very far from yourselves we are in small village Furneux Pelham not far from Bishop's Stortford or Buntingford. We visited Perth in April what a great place we are on the move because we have 2 kids son 14 and daughter 11 and hope it can only be a better place to bring them up. My husbands a plumber so going on skilled 136 visa he's passed tra just waiting to get a case officer sent main application off 22nd august. Best of luck with your application.

Cheryl

Hi Cheryl

Bishops Sortford was my home town, spent many years there growing up, all the luck in the world with the application.

MO

Hi Cheryl and Mo

I know Bishops Stortford well as used to be a Sales Rep in that area and really like it there. Good luck with your application, hope it goes through quickly for you. Going to Brisbane in November and hopefully will go out there again sometime in March but will probably now look at Melbourne aswell. I am just so confused now with areas but my hubby definitely wants to go to Queensland.

I have read a lot of posts now on here and followed some of yours Mo, you moved out this year didn't you? Do you like it and has it lived up to your expectations?

Nicky

Guest Missiemo
Hi Cheryl and Mo

I know Bishops Stortford well as used to be a Sales Rep in that area and really like it there. Good luck with your application, hope it goes through quickly for you. Going to Brisbane in November and hopefully will go out there again sometime in March but will probably now look at Melbourne aswell. I am just so confused now with areas but my hubby definitely wants to go to Queensland.

I have read a lot of posts now on here and followed some of yours Mo, you moved out this year didn't you? Do you like it and has it lived up to your expectations?

Nicky

Hi Nicky

Good old BS, my mum still lives there, she says it has changed so much, the shopiing centre Jackson Sqaure has been knocked down, proberly replaced with houses, the Herts and Essex Hospital has also been knocked down, built much smaller hospital further back and used the rest of the land for guess what yes houses.

We have had lots of down days but also as many up days, these last few weeks have been better, maybe it is the better weather, it has been a lovely spring, temp ranging from 20 degrees to a very hot 37 degrees.

The beaches here in Mount Martha ane the best, they are beautiful, we spend most weekends at the beach.

Hope you get some news soon.

You take care

Mo

Guest THE JONEZYS

Well, what a small world we live in :!: We too are from Essex, Grays, near Lakeside and yes I have heard ALL of the jokes :roll: My OH is a brickie and funnily enough is working in Bishop Storford high street right now, building a new shopping centre and penthouse flats. He actually thinks its a lovely area and compared to our part of the country has been relativley untouched by a recent and rapid growth in population.

Melbourne is also where we're headed, not only because of family connections but because Paul thought the climate was better for working outside in than say, Perth or Queensland. When we visited Perth we met up with a mate of Pauls who's a brickie and even though he is fairly dark skinned, he had blisters on his ears and cheeks from the sun and that was despite wearing a hat and sunblock :!:

Good luck with it all.

Lesley

Oh my god, sounds like I would get burnt to a crisp then. I go bright red to pink and then back to white again. I am really concerned about Paul, my OH working out in all that sun, he says it will be OK but not too sure about that. Will definitely visit Melbourne the next time we go. Haven't been to BS for a while now so have not seen all the new developement but where we live they have taken away all the car parks and built flats on them which is now killing off all the small high street shops. Don't know where else they can build, perhaps they should build an extension on the English Channel!!

Nicky

Guest Missiemo
Oh my god, sounds like I would get burnt to a crisp then. I go bright red to pink and then back to white again. I am really concerned about Paul, my OH working out in all that sun, he says it will be OK but not too sure about that. Will definitely visit Melbourne the next time we go. Haven't been to BS for a while now so have not seen all the new developement but where we live they have taken away all the car parks and built flats on them which is now killing off all the small high street shops. Don't know where else they can build, perhaps they should build an extension on the English Channel!!

Nicky

In Saffron Walden where my OH grew up they actually sold off the high school playing field to build houses on :shock:

Hi Mo

They sold off my son's present school land also to build apartments in Ware. What on earth is going to happen next. They are now talking about the introduction of a conjestion charge on the motorways, which will be starting with the Birmingham area but where will all the cars end up if they don't want to pay. Could be good for the bl***dy M25 though.

Nicky

:evil: :evil:

Hi Mo,

Where in bs did you live? new it very well, went to secondary school there, also shop there in town if I have to but your mum is right what a mess they are making it, it is a nightmare to get parked now they have took multistorey away built on, buildings going up everywhere and they are still not going to make it a better place. Its rough as hell at night we went for curry there last saturday and went down the pubs in town what a place not a nice place to be in on a saturday night.

I hope I settle in oz I cant think it can be that easy for the first few months my husband and children are so excited about moving over but I am in two minds although I moan about this place I will miss it and especially the people. I think its the familiaritys probably you miss more than anything.

Take care

Cheryl

Archived