New to PIO - Vetassess & 189 Visa advice

Bambi84

Hi, I am new to the forum but wondered if anyone could help me please.

My husband is a joiner, as not formally qualified in the UK, a migration expert has advised that he would need to have his skills assessed in order to go for the 189 visa.

Am I correct in thinking that as the skills list changes every July? Would it be best waiting until the new list is published in July to make sure his trade is still on there before paying the Migration experts & starting the Vetasses process?!

Hope this makes sense! x

Hi, I am new to the forum but wondered if anyone could help me please.

My husband is a joiner, as not formally qualified in the UK, a migration expert has advised that he would need to have his skills assessed in order to go for the 189 visa.

Am I correct in thinking that as the skills list changes every July? Would it be best waiting until the new list is published in July to make sure his trade is still on there before paying the Migration experts & starting the Vetasses process?!

Hope this makes sense! x

Personal choice really? If you feel more comfortable waiting then do so.

Me, I wouldn't because things can change at any time anyway and there is no certainty until that visa is in your hands.

Hi, and welcome to the forum.

If you want to go for a subclass 189 Skilled Independent visa, I'm inclined to advise you to wait to see if your occupation is still on the SOL before you start anything. The new SOL will be released probably in mid-June which is less than 2 months away so the delay won't be too bad.

If you're willing to go for a state sponsored 489 or 190 visa, a few states have Joiner on their lists for one or both visas and even if the occupation is removed from the SOL, it won't also be removed from the CSOL and there's no reason why it would be removed from the state lists. State lists are based on the CSOL and state demand rather than the SOL. In that case, you could start the ball rolling now.

And just one point... Even if your husband was fully and formally qualified in his trade, he would still need skills assessment for a 189, 190 or 489 visa. If your 'migration expert' told you that he needs assessment only because he has no formal qualifications, you should be wary of their advice. You don't need to use an agent at all, but if you want to use one, make sure they are highly recommended and MARA registered.

Archived