Java Architect Salary

joshbay84

10 years. Sydney or Melbourne.

I think you could do better than that... I'd go for 120-125k as a start. I do manage a team of developers in Sydney at a bank but currently (due to budget cuts) we only take on contractors on 3 month contracts or I'd be interested in you as well.

I think you could do better than that... I'd go for 120-125k as a start. I do manage a team of developers in Sydney at a bank but currently (due to budget cuts) we only take on contractors on 3 month contracts or I'd be interested in you as well.

How is the consulting market in Syndey/Melbourne? Is finding a job as contractor easier than looking for full time? I have been working as contractor over the past 4 years here in the US, we make substantially more than what a full time position could offer.

But then 125K + super + 4 week vacation + sick leaves on a full time seems to be a very good deal. Had I got similar offer here, may be I would have never jumped into consulting :wink:

How is the consulting market in Syndey/Melbourne? Is finding a job as contractor easier than looking for full time? I have been working as contractor over the past 4 years here in the US, we make substantially more than what a full time position could offer.

But then 125K + super + 4 week vacation + sick leaves on a full time seems to be a very good deal. Had I got similar offer here, may be I would have never jumped into consulting :wink:

That sounds pretty good to me mate, I would go for the position, can't beat having guaranteed time off to enjoy the place. I know a few consultants and it gets to the point where they never take time off 'cos they see it as costing them heaps.

Archived