Subclass 115 Remaining Relative visa

carolash

The timing is 56 years (not a typo) and that is an offshore visa, although I believe there might be an onshore version. From what you have said, you would not qualify for it though as you have a relative outside Australia (daughter in middle east). Or were you asking about it for her as the applicant?

Hi Bunge

Thanks ( I think) :chatterbox: for the reply. We are just looking at all the options and seem to be going round and round with not much of a positive outcome. My youngest daughter will probably apply for a working visa next year but for the time being she is happy in UAE.

I cant believe how difficult it is to get in to Australia, and I know the people there want to restrict others coming in and draining resources but surely it is virtually impossible unless you are a millionaire (which I most certainly am not unfortunately), however we will be able to sustain ourselves and not be reliant on anyone.

I ask myself how on earth there are other nationalities that are able, not only to enter Australia but bring along their whole family and extended family??? Maybe its the ones that try and do things the correct way that will always find a brick wall to face :arghh:

Hi Bunge

Thanks ( I think) :chatterbox: for the reply. We are just looking at all the options and seem to be going round and round with not much of a positive outcome. My youngest daughter will probably apply for a working visa next year but for the time being she is happy in UAE.

I cant believe how difficult it is to get in to Australia, and I know the people there want to restrict others coming in and draining resources but surely it is virtually impossible unless you are a millionaire (which I most certainly am not unfortunately), however we will be able to sustain ourselves and not be reliant on anyone.

I ask myself how on earth there are other nationalities that are able, not only to enter Australia but bring along their whole family and extended family??? Maybe its the ones that try and do things the correct way that will always find a brick wall to face :arghh:

There are some concessions for families from high risk countries. In these cases it may be possible to bring a parent as a dependent along, if the person cares for that parent financially and they are in a country without a welfare state. But generally speaking, no it is not possible to bring along family and extended family.

Australia is one of the easier countries to get into, but they do have their immigration program and there is a bias towards younger immigrants that are more likely to contribute through a longer working life of taxes. It has the options for parents, yes they are expensive, but many countries would not have an option at all.

• 4 months later...

Hi there,

I am just enquiring about the eligibility of last 'Remaining Relative Visa'. I have just been granted permanent residency (less than 1 month) here in Australia. My other brother is an Australian permanent resident and my mother is on a bridging visa for 'Aged dependent relative'. My other two sisters and youngest brother are NZ permanent residents. Our father died 20+ years ago. We have our older brother who is 50 year old, not married and no children living alone in our home country. We want to bring him here to Australia but not quite sure if he is eligible to apply under "Remaining Relative Visa"? Could someone please shed some lights into how to go about with this visa and if there is any other way to bring my brother here?

Your help will be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Mel

Hi there,

I am just enquiring about the eligibility of last 'Remaining Relative Visa'. I have just been granted permanent residency (less than 1 month) here in Australia. My other brother is an Australian permanent resident and my mother is on a bridging visa for 'Aged dependent relative'. My other two sisters and youngest brother are NZ permanent residents. Our father died 20+ years ago. We have our older brother who is 50 year old, not married and no children living alone in our home country. We want to bring him here to Australia but not quite sure if he is eligible to apply under "Remaining Relative Visa"? Could someone please shed some lights into how to go about with this visa and if there is any other way to bring my brother here?

Thank you,

Mel

your brother would not be eligible as all his family are not usual residents of Australia as your mother is on a bridging visa and 3 siblings PR of New Zealand.

Hi there,

Thank you,

Mel

No he is definitely not eligible.

your brother would not be eligible as all his family are not usual residents of Australia as your mother is on a bridging visa and 3 siblings PR of New Zealand.

Thank you I understand. Only way is to come on tourist visa and go back