Migration agent?

Ritchienurse

Hi,

I'm a nurse in the UK, just started the process to move to Australia ( poss melbourne ). I've just passed IELTS 9,9,9 and 8 so hopefully got enough points for the skilled independent visa. I need permanent residence as my husband works for NAB over here but they've told him that they can only employ permanent residents or citizens. I'm not worried about my job should hopefully be ok, although I know I'm going to need to do the IRON course when I get to Australia as I have a HND.

I I just started to fill in the skills assessment and there was a section to put in the migration agents details. I just wondered if I should use one? My husband had cancer 4 years ago and will get the all clear fingers crossed in feb ( 5 years ). He didn't have to have any chemo or radiotherapy just surgery in the initial stages. Nothing since. I'm wondering if this will be a problem with the medical and if it would be better to use an agent.

Also so the new section 8 from AHPRA looks a bit difficult I've heard a few nurses have had problems with this. What are your thoughts? Use an agent or chance it ourselves? Also recommendations would be good if people think use one. They seem so expensive, I've been quoted £4000 from a company in Chester.

Thanks in advance.

Hi.. I have personally used the support and advice from our migration agents due to potential difficult circumstances i.e. daughter who is over the age of 18 and we want her on our visa, for this they have provided excellent advice and have advised with other delicate matters which I could have potentially missed if I had tried to do this alone. If you believe you have straught fwd circumstances then you should be ok.

Are you aware of the problems that many 'diploma' nurses are now facing? AHPRA are accepting 'Degree only' nurses and if you do have a diploma then you will need to look at topping up to a degree before you can be registered over there.

With regards to medicals I cannot comment on this as ours was straight fwd but Im sure someone has been in similar circumstances and can help you out.

I have used 'GO MATILDA' and cant thank them enough for their professionalism and advice, and they are not charging the silly money that you have been quoted.

Good luck,

Debbie

Hi Debbie,

Thanks for the reply. Yes I know about AHPRA, I've got an interview tomorrow at Uni to start the top up but I think I'd prefer to do the IRON course in Australia but I'll start the degree and see what happens. I'll have a look at go Matilda thanks.

Kirsty.

Hi,

I'm a nurse in the UK, just started the process to move to Australia ( poss melbourne ). I've just passed IELTS 9,9,9 and 8 so hopefully got enough points for the skilled independent visa. I need permanent residence as my husband works for NAB over here but they've told him that they can only employ permanent residents or citizens. I'm not worried about my job should hopefully be ok, although I know I'm going to need to do the IRON course when I get to Australia as I have a HND.

I I just started to fill in the skills assessment and there was a section to put in the migration agents details. I just wondered if I should use one? My husband had cancer 4 years ago and will get the all clear fingers crossed in feb ( 5 years ). He didn't have to have any chemo or radiotherapy just surgery in the initial stages. Nothing since. I'm wondering if this will be a problem with the medical and if it would be better to use an agent.

Also so the new section 8 from AHPRA looks a bit difficult I've heard a few nurses have had problems with this. What are your thoughts? Use an agent or chance it ourselves? Also recommendations would be good if people think use one. They seem so expensive, I've been quoted £4000 from a company in Chester.

Thanks in advance.

1st off ....well done on your IELTS ! I only got 8.5 on it so to get 9 on most you are doing very well. I cant offer any advice with regards filling in the application .However I can recommend a Visa agent should you wish to go down that route as I am using them and it has taken all the stress out of my application . The company is called "QuickVisas" and they are based in Kent .The chap to speak to is Adam as he is dealing with my 189 visa and he is very friendly and has lots of good advice.

:wink:

Hi.. I have personally used the support and advice from our migration agents due to potential difficult circumstances i.e. daughter who is over the age of 18 and we want her on our visa, for this they have provided excellent advice and have advised with other delicate matters which I could have potentially missed if I had tried to do this alone. If you believe you have straught fwd circumstances then you should be ok.

Are you aware of the problems that many 'diploma' nurses are now facing? AHPRA are accepting 'Degree only' nurses and if you do have a diploma then you will need to look at topping up to a degree before you can be registered over there.

With regards to medicals I cannot comment on this as ours was straight fwd but Im sure someone has been in similar circumstances and can help you out.

I have used 'GO MATILDA' and cant thank them enough for their professionalism and advice, and they are not charging the silly money that you have been quoted.

Good luck,

Debbie

Hi Debbie

I just wanted to say thanks so much for recommending Go Matilda. I didn't realise that you can't even get a skills assesment now without the degree so I'm going to have to wait until I finish that next June now. It was Go Matilda who informed me of this and I would started the process for permanent residence had I not known.

Hi Debbie

I just wanted to say thanks so much for recommending Go Matilda. I didn't realise that you can't even get a skills assesment now without the degree so I'm going to have to wait until I finish that next June now. It was Go Matilda who informed me of this and I would started the process for permanent residence had I not known.

Did you inform GM about the medical matter and take advice?

Archived