I can't get a bank account

Dawnlouise

Thank you, that's just what I need, plus for bars, I don't like taking my passport out. Thank you. And I will let you know.

Any preference on which bank folk feel is one of the best for us British.. I have been to all, but would appreciate advice.

Hi Guys..

So after all to asking and going into banks trying to get my points up to 100 after living here for 3 months and unable to get a bank account hence no, utility's, phone bill, tax number or driving licence. Etc....

I am pleased to say that I went into the one bank I had missed. This was in my lunch hour.

I asked the questions and they only need a passport...nothing more.

They set up the account the super and the internet for you.

I am very impressed. Friendly helpful and as I said before.

Nothing but passport needed. Even after 6 weeks.

The bank.

The Commonwealth Bank

And no charges! [emoji16]

Thank you all xx

Dawnlouise

That's excellent news..well done kiddo!! I'm having my own issues getting my ID for citizenship. Its amazing the little cracks you fall into, when you have to do specific government requirements. Hence why these forums are great.

Again well done.

Regards, BEGal

ps..and to Mungbean, yes it can be that hard.

Awwww thank you browneyedgal.

I have found it really tough and I am here alone...if you don't have what they need and no way of getting in the near future...then you hit a brick wall..

I wanted to let folk know if ever in my experience they can go to this bank with one piece of uk identity. It's the only one that does this. And they were amazing.

I am not a stupid person this moving across and awaiting visas, and searching for homes, doctors banks etc is pretty mental. If I may say so!

Your support is much appreciated thank you. :)

Archived