ACCA Affiliate Assessment Help

amnesia

Hi,

Im a recent ACCA affiliate and got a 4 years bachelors degree. Got over 65 in each band of PTE academic.

Please also note Im not a memeber YET.

My questions are;

1. Will my qualification be assessed as Australian Bachelors?

2. Which would be better for me CPAA/ICAA as general accountant?

3. Will I get 15 points or 10 for my education.

Please help.

Thanks

As an affiliate you haven't yet had your practical experience signed off correct? As far as I'm aware you won't get assessed successfully until you get this done and are a member.

Once you are a member it would be assessed as equivalent to a bachelor's degree which gets you 15 points, although I only claimed 10 for CIMA as I didn't claim it as a degree.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated.

The assessment based on ACCA affiliate wont be successful. But just being curious, as when I emailed CPAA, they said if I had a previous 4 years bachelors degree (majoring in Accounting and finance) then ACCA might be assessed as equivalent to Aus bachelors. Also, I have a masters on the pipeline which would be finished by sept as the dissertation s due in June. What would be your advice?. Any idea what assessment others people have in my condition?

Should I try my luck to see if it gets assessed successfully or wait till I get my masters result?

The masters is MA in finance and Investment.

Also is there any where I can find the syllabus link of Australian Accounting with ACCA?

Thanks again.

I received my skills assessmemt on the basis of my accounting and finance degree. It's a bit silly if you ask me but hey I wasn't complaining, a friend of mine is ACA qualified and found it much harder...makes no sense.

If you are early enough into training to have a choice do CIMA as once a member you automatically become a CPA Australia member which will open up almost all jobs to you. This would be a big advantage.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. But I've already completed my ACCA. right now I want to settle down and think about the future. In UK, as an international student it feels suffocating, universities are acting like a immigration check point and with EU being open, we don't even get called for an interview or even apply for jobs. So wanna move out and start my life without being in restrictions about work and life.

I guess i will have to apply and risk the money for the assessment.

Thanks

Amit

It is definitely not worth starting a qualification if you already have one! There are far more jobs in London than anywhere in Melbourne but I agree it must be frustrating that not having EU citizenship will hold you back so much. Would you have enough relevant work experience to get a skills assessment? I think it's about four years. If you do then I would definitely say Australia is worth a go.

The other thing to remember is that the visa process takes about a year so you might need to consider how you'll make ends meet in that year if it's proving hard to find work already. Would you be eligible for a working holiday visa? If you are you can go next week!

Hi,

Cant apply for working holiday visa as my country isn't included in that visa. Im going back home, end of next month but I was checking this assessment enquiries because I wanted to apply for assessment before i leave for my country as it would be much more easier to apply from here, nothing else. Also a positive assessment would make the transition easy for me, as with a positive assessment I alone can get 55 points. The other 5, I can get from my partner and apply straight away for 189 visa. That was the plan i am chasing.

Thanks

• 5 months later...
Hi,

Im a recent ACCA affiliate and got a 4 years bachelors degree. Got over 65 in each band of PTE academic.

Please also note Im not a memeber YET.

My questions are;

1. Will my qualification be assessed as Australian Bachelors?

2. Which would be better for me CPAA/ICAA as general accountant?

3. Will I get 15 points or 10 for my education.

Please help.

Thanks

Hi amnesia,

I am also an ACCA affiliate and wanted to apply for qualification assessment. I have come across many different views regarding qualification of an affiliate. I hope you must have gotten your answer till now and wanted to know that as an affiliate what is the assessment of my qualification?

Awaiting your reply

Eddie

Hi amnesia,

I am also an ACCA affiliate and wanted to apply for qualification assessment. I have come across many different views regarding qualification of an affiliate. I hope you must have gotten your answer till now and wanted to know that as an affiliate what is the assessment of my qualification?

Awaiting your reply

Eddie

I have recently received a positive skills assessment from CPA, however I am a CIMA member not ACCA but my skills assessment was on my degree not my acocunting qualification, and my work experience counted is from getting my degree not my accounting qualification.

Therefore if you have a degree in accounting or something similar it would be this you got assessed as therefore it would not matter if you are an affiliate or full member. However if your degree is not in accounting then I am not sure if you would get a possitive assessment as you have not finished your qualification.

Also I have not listed my CIMA qualification on my EOI as I am claiming points for the degree.

I have recently received a positive skills assessment from CPA, however I am a CIMA member not ACCA but my skills assessment was on my degree not my acocunting qualification, and my work experience counted is from getting my degree not my accounting qualification.

Therefore if you have a degree in accounting or something similar it would be this you got assessed as therefore it would not matter if you are an affiliate or full member. However if your degree is not in accounting then I am not sure if you would get a possitive assessment as you have not finished your qualification.

Also I have not listed my CIMA qualification on my EOI as I am claiming points for the degree.

Thanks mgreaves for prompt reply.

Archived