Restrictions on a visitor visa subclass 600

frances62

Have heard that the 12 month duration of this visa can, more often than not, result in a 8503 (no further stay) and wondering whether most people have found this to be the case?

Wondering if it's possible to apply for a 6month visa on the back of a 12month, leaving Australia when 12months expires to apply for 6month offshore?

Would New Zealand count as offshore (there's conflicting info on here) or is its recommended to be UK and is there a recommended time period to have between visa?

Have had a look at immigration website but the above is unclear and just wondered what other people's experiences have been.

Is it 12months unbroken stay in Australia?

Thanks in advance!

It will often depend on country of your citizenship as to whether condition 8503 is put on the visa. Often there's a maximum 3-month stay so you need to leave briefly and then can return again.

New Zealand is a different country so yes, it's offshore. I've never seen any credible information that would suggest otherwise.

Have heard that the 12 month duration of this visa can, more often than not, result in a 8503 (no further stay) and wondering whether most people have found this to be the case?

Wondering if it's possible to apply for a 6month visa on the back of a 12month, leaving Australia when 12months expires to apply for 6month offshore?

Would New Zealand count as offshore (there's conflicting info on here) or is its recommended to be UK and is there a recommended time period to have between visa?

Have had a look at immigration website but the above is unclear and just wondered what other people's experiences have been.

Is it 12months unbroken stay in Australia?

Thanks in advance!

18 months is a very long holiday, what are you actually trying to do, perhaps there is a better way if you are trying to move to Australia (as your location suggests). To your question, there is just no way of knowing what would happen in your case as it is always a case by case basis. On balance, I think you would be very lucky to get to stay for 18 months continuously on holiday visas and I think you would need a significant break between the two visas (like several months).

New Zealand is definitely a separate country and most people on PIO would be aware of this, I am surprised you have seen conflicting information on something like that.

You have no chance of getting a 6 months visa immediately after a 12 month stay on a 600. Even parents of citizens and PRs for whom there are special long stay Visitor visa conditions are not allowed to stay for longer than 12 months in any 18 month period so there is no way anything better would be available to anyone else.

Your PIO location is 'Glasvegas looking to move to Brisvegas' which sounds like you want to make a permanent move. Perhaps if you can tell us a bit more about your situation, we may be able to make some other suggestions. Is there perhaps a relationship with a citizen or PR with maybe a Partner visa in the offing?

Thanks for the responses.

To clarify....my hubby & I are going to apply for a 189, in relation to my questions on a visitors visa, I'm thinking WAY AHEAD, really for my parents. Just want to know what the options may be, however as the regulations are ever changing on some of the visas it's perhaps better to address situation nearer the time.

I did think NZ counted as offshore myself however came across some old threads on here, where some seemed to suggest otherwise.

Thanks for the responses.

To clarify....my hubby & I are going to apply for a 189, in relation to my questions on a visitors visa, I'm thinking WAY AHEAD, really for my parents. Just want to know what the options may be, however as the regulations are ever changing on some of the visas it's perhaps better to address situation nearer the time.

I did think NZ counted as offshore myself however came across some old threads on here, where some seemed to suggest otherwise.

Thanks for the clarification. It seems that I inadvertently answered your question then if it actually related to your parents after you move to Australia. The extended Visitor visa options for parents are only quite new and will probably stay in effect for several years (though without a crystal ball, who knows??). Here are the current provisions:

[h=4]Visitor visas for parents of Australians[/h] Due to the length of the permanent Parent (Migrant) visa (subclass 103) queue, and the desirability of family reunion, we might grant a more generous Visitor visa. You will automatically be considered for this if you are a parent or step-parent of:

• an Australian citizen or permanent resident.

• an eligible New Zealand citizen.

We will consider these applications on a case-by-case basis. We can grant visas that last up to:

• five years for parents outside Australia who are in the Parent (Migrant) visa (subclass 103) queue

• three years for parents outside Australia who have had a previous Australian visa and complied with the visa conditions, and either:

• have not applied for a Parent visa

• have applied for a Parent visa (subclass 103) but are not yet in the Parent visa queue

[*]18 months for parents who have not previously travelled to Australia and either:

• have not applied for a Parent visa

• have applied for a Parent visa (subclass 103) but are not yet in the Parent visa queue.

The visa will have three extra visa conditions:

• Maximum 12 month stay in 18 months: You cannot stay in Australia for more than 12 months on any visit or for more than 12 months in any 18-month period.

• Health insurance: You must maintain fully comprehensive health insurance while you are in Australia. You could be asked to provide evidence of 12 months health insurance cover when you apply. Reciprocal health arrangements are not adequate to meet this requirement.

• No further stay: You cannot apply for a new visa while you are in Australia. You must leave Australia no later than the date on which your visa ends, except in extremely limited circumstances. ​

Archived