TRA Skills Assessment

susanbro

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi, has anyone recently had a positive skills assessment back from TRA?

If so, how long did the whole process take?

Hi! My husband TRA got a positive result we just received it last month, the first stage of application ( Submission of required documents) will took 2-3 months im not sure with the exact weeks but in that time frame and if he passed the first stage you will then receive a letter from them saying that he passed,,, the second stage is iether technical interview or practical test it depends on your trade skill, once you pay it wait for your schedule ,, waiting period of 3-4weeks, my hubby is a metal fabricator his technical interview lasted 45 minutes and after 10 days we received his certificate :) good luck! By the he did his trade skill assessment through Vetassess

Hi! My husband TRA got a positive result we just received it last month, the first stage of application ( Submission of required documents) will took 2-3 months im not sure with the exact weeks but in that time frame and if he passed the first stage you will then receive a letter from them saying that he passed,,, the second stage is iether technical interview or practical test it depends on your trade skill, once you pay it wait for your schedule ,, waiting period of 3-4weeks, my hubby is a metal fabricator his technical interview lasted 45 minutes and after 10 days we received his certificate :) good luck! By the he did his trade skill assessment through Vetassess

Thanks Leah, that makes me feel a bit better. He's a painter and I believe we only have the 1 stage so hopefully we get the letter soon xx

Will do - our stuff got submitted on the 30th Jan and not the 26th that we thought. Have emailed our agent to find out if they have received the acknowledgement email to confirm receipt by TRA as I believe the 60 day clock doesnt start until that date.

Will keep you in the loop @PomCop xx

I feel you're pain. My OH had to do the AQF 3 so he could submit to TRA, that took a few months and we thought it was just a case of submitting to TRA and getting it back in 2-3 weeks. What a shock that was when our agent said 12 weeks. Good luck with your application. make sure you have everything else sorted and in place before this gawd awful stage xx

• 1 month later...

Just a quick update for anyone srill awaiting the outcome from TRA - We are at week 11 now and still waiting but a friend of mines is a week in front and got an email from TRA this morning to advise they are working 2 weeks behind due to an influx in applications, so looking like a 14 week wait all in xx

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone,

This is my first post. I am also with all of you in the same boat. I too sent my application to TRA on 26 March and received Ack on 9th April.

I think they take 60 working days to asses an application.

There was not even a single day when I have not thought about TRA. Its like counting each and every day. Really pure torture....

Hope for best for everyone who applied to TRA..

Regards...

Just a quick update for anyone srill awaiting the outcome from TRA - We are at week 11 now and still waiting but a friend of mines is a week in front and got an email from TRA this morning to advise they are working 2 weeks behind due to an influx in applications, so looking like a 14 week wait all in xx

Are you still waiting? My husband had an acknowledgment letter beginning March so about a month behind you. Sounds like we may have a longer wait than we thought then! he is also a painter so had to do the aqf.....ahh this waiting is so frustrating! Hope you hear something soon

Hi @Mazza227. Yes still waiting. That's us at week 12 now. The friend that I mentioned above got hers this week, 13 week wait so hoping we get ours back next week.

It's very frustrating but the end is now in sight :) hang in there xx

Hello Susanbro..

I can understand your feelings i mean you are very close to the outcome if it is your 12th weeks definitely you will be getting outcome by next week.

I wish you all the best..

Hello Susanbro..

I can understand your feelings i mean you are very close to the outcome if it is your 12th weeks definitely you will be getting outcome by next week.

I wish you all the best..

Hi @RamanDeep, I thought I replied to you yesterday. If things run for you as they have us then you should get yours back beginning of July. Good luck xx

• 4 weeks later...
Hi, has anyone recently had a positive skills assessment back from TRA?

If so, how long did the whole process take?

My first submission of TRA was unsuccessful, than I has requested for review and got positive reply in 3 month times. So do not worry , will get favourable result.

Raj

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I'm a fabricator welder & looking to start my journey to oz ,I have 15yrs experience as a general fabricator/welder ,familiar with mig ,mma,tig ,mostly worked with heavy fabrication ie structural .i have a abc level 2 in fabrication & welding practices,city&guilds site safety,20mtre tone mobile crane cert ,what are my chances.ive read on this assessment & interviews via web cam .I haven't started & don't know where to ,so any advise welcome ?

Sorry hun, I have no idea whether or not you would get a visa. If you post your question as a thread of your own I'm sure someone with more knowledge will be able to help you out. Only thing I would suggest is checking your skills is on the list as the new financial year kicked off yesterday and there was additions and some removals from the list. Good luck xx

My first submission of TRA was unsuccessful, than I has requested for review and got positive reply in 3 month times. So do not worry , will get favourable result.

Raj

can i ask how come it got knocked back first time? did you have to submit more documents to then get a positive out-come? cheers steve

Thanks Leah, that makes me feel a bit better. He's a painter and I believe we only have the 1 stage so hopefully we get the letter soon xx

Hi im also a painter. Just wondering if your partner had an nvq or whether he got assessed somehow by an australian authority. Im abit confused because I read that though dont except nvq unless they are through an apprenticeship. I have mine from being time served and then paying for it myself. Thanks for reply if any and I hope you guys are there enjoying yourselves ?

Archived