telling best friend

Guest jacks22

Guest jacks22

Hi is their anyone out there who can advise the best way to tell my best 2 buddies. I have known them for years since nursery and primary school I feel it will almost be like breaking off a relationship, I am that close to these 2 girl friends. One of them I have always been there through some really hard and sad times and it is a time like this that I feel like I am deserting them. I do realise I should do whats best for my family especially as this country is going down the pan and I can't see a future for my kids nor myself in the NHS anymore I need something more out of life and need to do something exciting before it is too late. We have just got our case officer so it's getting scary now, still got house to sell or rent out, can't decide, mum will join us at some point that's another issue that needs sorting. Can't wait for a new life but so worried about leaving my 2 close mates behind as I love them dearly. Any tips would be appreciated o how did the news go down with any of your friends and family.

From Jacqui

Always a difficult one...

...but the line I used was... Guess What? I've fund a great way for you guys to get a cheap holiday in Australia..... :roll:

Guest daisydeeds

hiyah

I remember taking a very deep breath and just coming out with.. We ve been thinking of moving to Australia and waited to see how she responded. She was obviously hurt looking but didnt get all teary - was very excited for us. My best friend has been a rock to me - has helped us with all the hassle we have had with selling the house, at every hurdle we ve had during the migration process and has been a good listener!.

I think that everyone responds differently - some folk are totally hyper for you (start talking about coming over), some people are a bit more wary (if you dont like it then you can come back) and some people go in the huff but eventually come round.

Remember that there is msn, skype and email as well as the old fashioned phone to keep in touch and with video capabilities with msn then its easy to keep in touch.

We plan to make up dvds for christmas and birthdays and send them to the family and friends here in the UK so with a bit of forward planning things arent so black.

Good luck with telling your pals and let us know how they take it ;-)

Daisydeeds

Archived