over 50 wanting PR

NANNY NELLY

HI

my husband and I live and work here in Perth, on our second 457. He is 60 this year and of course we desperately want to stay. We have our only 2 daughters here, married with children, they have PR

What does last remaining close relative mean, I have no family back in the UK but my husband has 1 brother & 1 sister. He is not close to them as we moved to South Africa in 1976 returning to England in 2000, then got sponsored for Australia in 2010.

Do we stand a chance applying for that option. We can't afford the $100.000 CPV

He would not qualify under last remaining relative. In any case it has a processing period of 56 years. (That is not a typo).

If if the sponsored one of you earns over the required income threshold (about $130k per year) and have been with the same employer for 4 years, then they could sponsor you for pr.

If not, then, the non contributory visa is still open (just - it is expected to be withdrawn very soon), so if you act quick, you might get in before it is closed.

i would suggest you contact a good agent such as Go Matilda.

I'm afraid that you would not be eligible for a Remaining Relative visa - only parents or siblings can sponsor relatives for that visa. Even if children could sponsor parents for it (which they can't), the fact that one of you has siblings who are not permanent resident in Australia would mean that you were not eligible for that reason.

Have you checked to see if your husband is eligible for any of the age exemptions that can apply for permanent employer sponsored visa applicants? Not many people can meet them but it's worth checking.

http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/187.aspx For exemptions, see Visa applicants > Who could get this visa > Age requirements

Otherwise, I'm afraid that a CPV is your only option.

Archived