Visa application for 189

swimgo

Hi,

I have recently recieved the invitation for the application of visa 189. My partner and I am really excited with all the steps going smoothly so far. I have started filling up a long form on the immiAccount already. However, we have a couple of things which we are a little bit confused about.

1. What are the next steps after filling up this 17 pages form on the immi site?

2. My partner has already planned IELTS to proof functional English but she is going to take it next month, should we wait before applying or should we just proceed with the application?

3. I've read on one of the forum questions that a form 80 needs to be filled as well in addition to the usual form. Should, I start filling that form as well?

4. Does actual visa process start after payment of the fees?

I would love to read an existing forum article about visa application and guidelines. Can anyone send a link?

Thanks!

Hi,

I have recently recieved the invitation for the application of visa 189. My partner and I am really excited with all the steps going smoothly so far. I have started filling up a long form on the immiAccount already. However, we have a couple of things which we are a little bit confused about.

1. What are the next steps after filling up this 17 pages form on the immi site?

2. My partner has already planned IELTS to proof functional English but she is going to take it next month, should we wait before applying or should we just proceed with the application?

3. I've read on one of the forum questions that a form 80 needs to be filled as well in addition to the usual form. Should, I start filling that form as well?

4. Does actual visa process start after payment of the fees?

I would love to read an existing forum article about visa application and guidelines. Can anyone send a link?

Thanks!

1. You pay the VAC and start uploading your supporting documents. You can also do your medicals and get PCCs or you can wait until they are requested.

2. She doesn't need to have proof of Functional English before the visa application is lodged.

3. Form 80 is only needed if requested - many people don't need it and it shouldn't be uploaded if no request is made. Because it can take so long to do though, it might be a good idea to start completing it so you're ready to upload it if a request is made.

4. Yes though not until the required documents are uploaded.

Hey Ozmaniac,

Thanks for such a clear answer. I've started uploading my documents!

1. You pay the VAC and start uploading your supporting documents. You can also do your medicals and get PCCs or you can wait until they are requested.

2. She doesn't need to have proof of Functional English before the visa application is lodged.

3. Form 80 is only needed if requested - many people don't need it and it shouldn't be uploaded if no request is made. Because it can take so long to do though, it might be a good idea to start completing it so you're ready to upload it if a request is made.

4. Yes though not until the required documents are uploaded.

Ozmaniac,

When I called the hospital in Edinburgh to arrange medicals I was told I had to wait until my CO had been assigned and they gave me a reference number to use. But you seem to say that these can be done before the CO is assigned.

Can you elaborate?

Cheers.

You are right Ozmaniac, I was mislead by another forum. It can be possible in some countries to get medical done without a reference number but in the netherlands, the process is exactly the same as you described. A medical institution will submit the results themselves.

Ozmaniac,

When I called the hospital in Edinburgh to arrange medicals I was told I had to wait until my CO had been assigned and they gave me a reference number to use. But you seem to say that these can be done before the CO is assigned.

Can you elaborate?

Cheers.

My Health Declarations (MHD) is a service for clients who have not yet lodged a visa application and would like to do health examinations before lodging a visa application. It is available via ImmiAccount. Once the visa application has been lodged, you need to wait until yoiu have a HAP ID.

https://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/health-requirements/my-health-declarations.htm

Archived