retired family migrants visa advice

gordonsmith

Well Ozmaniac, various contributors had already explained to the original poster that the visas which are available are: - onshore, offshore, contributory, non-contributory. As you pointed out, the 103 is apparently taking up to thirty years to process, so that's one off the list. The discussion naturally developed from an observation that the contributory visas are rather a lot of money. What else is there to say? You pay up and wait or you don't pay up and wait longer.

For anyone looking to start the process, there is a whole thread for parents on this site which explores many of the details of migrating as well as the visa options available. Also there are many very helpful people there who will answer your questions as far as they are able. Alan Collet is a good bloke to ask for basic advice, also an agent should you wish to take that route.

I don't really think there's much else to add, except Good Luck.

As an aside we are presently handling the finalisation of a subclass 103 application that was lodged in 2006 - so maybe applications for a 103 Parent visa lodged now won't take 30 years to progress to a decision ...

To quote the old adage, you've got to be in it to win it.

Best regards.

Thanks for the encouragement Alan. We lodged in 2013 but when I checked the same date but in 2008 there were only 1300 ahead of that date. I am therefore hoping for a further 6/7 years wait. Although if my mum is no longer with us we may well cough up the necessary and try to go earlier than that. Its nice to know you've got your name down somewhere :-)

Thanks for the encouragement Alan. We lodged in 2013 but when I checked the same date but in 2008 there were only 1300 ahead of that date. I am therefore hoping for a further 6/7 years wait. Although if my mum is no longer with us we may well cough up the necessary and try to go earlier than that. Its nice to know you've got your name down somewhere :-)

Sorry to derail the thread but a quick question: If someone lodges a 103 and 2 years down the road decides to switch to a CPV 173 or 143 then would those 2 years spent waiting for a queue date be considered for the CPV or does it have to be time spent after allocation of a queue date?

Archived