Starting application process whilst pregnant

kazb67

Just wondering if anyone has been in same situ, & if you have any tips or advice from your experience, as I'm starting to get a wee bity stressed that we'll run out of time!

We have literally just appointed a migration agent to start the process of applying for our visa. We'll be aiming for skilled independant 189, agent agrees with this. My partner will be 40 in Jan 2016 so we ideally need to have visa app lodged by then. We have just discovered that I am pregnant & that all going well we will have our 1st child in Oct.

Did you hold off on making arrangements until after the birth or did you still go ahead to a point then just wait to have medicals & get babies passport????

If you are being represented by a registered migration agent, be guided by your agent.

You can readily add a newborn to an application at any time before the visa grant.

If you are in Australia as permanent residents at the time of birth, your child will be an Australian citizen by birth.

Take advice about benefits available in various circumstances.