ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ozchick

Media Jobs in Perth?

Guest Ozchick

Hi Guys

I'm all over the place just now as I leave Glasgow for London (to see the folks) on Wednesday, before we fly out to Bali for 8 days, then start our new life in Oz.

Tomorrow night we're going to the SECC to see the Stereophonics (my favourite band) so I'm totally over excited about everything! :D

There IS a point to this post I promise :wink: ........OK, before I moved to Glasgow to live with the BF, I worked in the media industry in London, first in TV as a Stage Manager & after the fickle world of TV I found myself working for a record co.

What I'm wanting to find out is............do you think I could find media work like that in Perth? After doing some research I'm thinking no.

I reckon I'll need to be in either Sydney or Melbourne for that type of work, but I just wanted to pick your brains before I give up!

Does anyone know of any Radio/TV stations or any record co's in Perth?

Any feedback would be very much appriciated!

Thanks

OzChick

xx

Moneycorp

Moneycorp

Guest Mark&Justine

Hi there, just wanted to say, Good Luck in Perth, I am sure you will find a fantastic job! if not you can always start your own radio station!

Sterophonics! fantastic band, have seen them live a few times,

Have a great time in Bali, somewhere where I would love to go, perhpas will stop over when we finally get to Perth.

Good Luck

Justine

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Jademint1
        Hi is there any way at all I would be able to fly my dog over and get him straight out the other side? Thinking of him in quarantine is gut wrenching and I can' bare to think of him in doggy prison 😦 
      • By Cerberus1
        Australia's jobs boom has extended to its 15th consecutive month growth, the longest unbroken period of growth recorded by the Australian Bureau of Statistics.
        In seasonally adjusted terms, 35,000 new jobs were added in December, well ahead of the median economist forecast of 15,000.
        In the past 12 months, around 400,000 new jobs have been added.
        However, unemployment in December also ticked up a notch to 5.5 per cent as more people looked for work, pushing the participation rate up to a seven-year high of 65.7 per cent.
        The growth was split between 15,100 full-time positions and 19,500 part-time jobs in December, although over the year 300,000 full-time jobs have been created compared to 100,000 extra part-time positions.
        Job prospects for women were brighter over the year as well, with the number of women in work rising by 240,000 and the number of males in work up by only 160,000.
        However, with part-time work growth outpacing full-time in December, average hours worked fell over the month, as did hours worked per employee.
        Capital Economics analyst Paul Dales said, while there was some "softness" in the figures, the overall picture is bright, with the unemployment rate easing back from the 5.7 per cent recorded at the start of 2017.
        "Looking ahead, other indicators suggest further progress will be made this year, albeit jobs growth will probably come off the boil a bit," Mr Dales said.
        "The labour market will drive a modest rebound in real income growth this year, but more needs to be achieved before wage growth rises meaningfully."

Source: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-01-18/unemployment-december-2017/9338664
      • By The Pom Queen
        The McGowan government’s ­decision to tear up the list that fast-tracked overseas workers to Western Australia has made it tough for Margaret River’s wineries and restaurants to put meals on customers’ plates during their peak new year trade. 
        There are simply too few local chefs and trained kitchen staff to cope, says Amelia Park Tavern’s resident chef Gary Wilkins, who moved to Margaret River eight years ago for the relaxed lifestyle.
        “We’re struggling to get help and there’s a limited number of good local chefs,” he says. It has taken the importation of seven temporary chefs, one flown in from Sydney, to keep operating Amelia Park’s kitchen.
        “It costs management a lot more money to get people in,” Wilkins said. The labour cost — more than double the normal rate of about $25-$30 an hour — can reach nearly $100 an hour in some cases, when labour-hire company fees are included.
        Shortly after taking office, Premier Mark McGowan made good on an election promise to slash occupations that could be filled by overseas workers. He said changed economic conditions required local jobs to be kept open for the more than 90,000 unemployed West Australians, but his government’s cuts to the eligible skills list — from 170 occupations to 18, none of them hospitality jobs — has left the sector shorthanded.
        The government also withdrew Perth as a destination from the Regional Sponsored ­Migration Scheme, which offers incentives to lure foreign visa holders to less populated areas.
        Opposition tourism spokeswoman Libby Mettam said Perth’s hospitality industry was having difficulties recruiting staff as a result. “This is the first Christmas season for the hospitality and service industry where the impact of this shortsighted and ill-advised move is being felt,” she said.
        The changes have hit just as a wave of new hotels, bars and restaurants is helping to diversify WA’s resource-dominated economy. And with direct flights due to start between Perth and London, and Asian tourism on the rise, good hospitality staff “is high on the list of needs”, she said.
        “From a tourism perspective, there is no second chance in making an excellent first impression.”
      • By Cerberus1
        The Australian Bureau of Statistics have just released the latest statistics for Job vacancies (for the Nov 17 quarter). 
        NOVEMBER KEY POINTS

TREND ESTIMATES
        Total job vacancies in November 2017 were 210,800, an increase of 4.1% from August 2017.
        The number of job vacancies in the private sector was 191,800 in November 2017, an increase of 4.6% from August 2017.
        The number of job vacancies in the public sector was 19,000 in November 2017, a decrease of -0.7% from August 2017.

Source: http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@.nsf/mf/6354.0?OpenDocument

• By Jademint1
        Hi all thank you for taking the time out to look at my comment, we will be emigrating to Perth from UK in August of this year and we're currently looking for great family suburb's to live in for my 3 young children which is close to the beach and affordable. So far we've narrowed it down to a few places and Secret Harbour keeps popping up. I was wondering if anyone could give me some insight on what it's like for young families here? What is the crime like? Is it safe to walk from the beach to your home? We are an active outdoors family. Any suggestions or insight would be really appreciated. We are going to rent for a couple of months and then buy hopefully near to our rental house so the children wont have to be moved around to much.
        Thanks again for reading this thread
        Jade x