Really confused with skills assessment for pipefitter - PLEASE help :(

Dan Jade

Hello,

I am looking for some help with the Skills Assessment – we were going to go through a Migration agent but after reading a few threads on here I realise it is manageable to do ourselves.

My partner is a pipefitter & the examining body will be TRA – has anybody done a skills assessment through these and can help clear up the process?

What documents do we need to include?

Can a policeman certify the documents?

Thanks in advance for any help that you can give me, seriously confused...

• 5 months later...
Hello,

I am looking for some help with the Skills Assessment – we were going to go through a Migration agent but after reading a few threads on here I realise it is manageable to do ourselves.

My partner is a pipefitter & the examining body will be TRA – has anybody done a skills assessment through these and can help clear up the process?

What documents do we need to include?

Can a policeman certify the documents?

Thanks in advance for any help that you can give me, seriously confused...

If you are really confused, then are you sure it is manageable? Actually trades skills assessment / TRA is quite difficult. My own skills assessment (nothing to do with TRA) was extremely simple, maybe one of the manageable ones, but it really isn't that easy for all occupations. Perhaps one option is to consider an agent for skills assessment but then do the application by yourselves?

Archived