Job prospects Secondary Teacher and Electrician - Melbourne or Brisbane

Birch4

Hi everyone

I am quite new to this and my question might be a bit of a long shot:biglaugh: I wondered about job prospects for Electricians in either Melbourne or Brisbane. I figured that if my husband could get work I could pick up supply hopefully! Can anyone give an idea of overall prospects? difficulties finding work etc? If my questions are too broad and vague please say. :rolleyes: At a recent emigrate event in Scotland we were told that New South Wales were 'sponsoring electricians' where would we look to find that out? Currently just started process for 189 visas...

Thanks in advance!

Hi. Electricians have to do some extra qualifications / work experience in Australia before they are allowed to work as fully qualified electricians. This will vary from state to state so maybe find out and consider how long this takes in each state and whether there is a cost attached?

BB

Hi BB

Yes we have been researching for a good year or so now and my OH will have to go to London to do TRA and also would also need to go to college once in OZ to work independently otherwise would get work supervised. I have been just trying to get a feel or the job situation. And the best place for opportunities? There is a lot to think about.... sometimes I am thinking where do I start?? :confused: I guess I start with the IELTS and then take it from there. We had originally thought about Perth but have since decided that we might be better placed near to a city where hopefully there will be opportunities and schools to choose from for our son. Any advice would be so welcome! thanks for replying! :smile:

Hi BB

Yes we have been researching for a good year or so now and my OH will have to go to London to do TRA and also would also need to go to college once in OZ to work independently otherwise would get work supervised. I have been just trying to get a feel or the job situation. And the best place for opportunities? There is a lot to think about.... sometimes I am thinking where do I start?? :confused: I guess I start with the IELTS and then take it from there. We had originally thought about Perth but have since decided that we might be better placed near to a city where hopefully there will be opportunities and schools to choose from for our son. Any advice would be so welcome! thanks for replying! :smile:

Well Perth and Brisbane are around the same size population. Melbourne is a lot bigger, almost 4x as big so if choice of jobs and schools is important to you then you may well consider a bigger city to be better, although I'm sure Perth and Brisbane have plenty of opportunities too.

They are all very different places though, I am happy to advise you on life in Melbourne if needed and I'm sure others can advise on life in other places.

BB