Visitor 600 family stream refusal

hakn449

Hi,

I just applied for my mother and brother's visitor visa. Their visas got refused. Strange thing is that, we provided my brother's 2 weeks leaves grant letter from the empolyer and mentioned the travelling dates within 28 days. And we selected 3 months visa as there is no option of selecting visa of less than 3 months. But Case officers didn't even bother to read the form properly and they may don't even know that there is no option of selection visa of less than 3 months. They didn't even read the leaves grant and letter. And refused the visa while giving a reason that in your country no employer gives leaves of more than a month and you have applied for the visa of 3 months therefore we think that you have no intentions to go back.

1. How can a put a complaint against case officer.

2. Should I go for a review to remove that wrong reason from the records as it may cause problem in future because they ask for the previous visa refusals in the visa applications.

3. What will be better, to apply for the review or to apply the visa again.

3. If I go for the review, we have already submitted the documents specifically leaves grant letter etc to the department. And we don't have any copies of it. Will Tribunal asks us to provide it again or they can just take it from the immigration department.

Please advise

In addition to the question you would have ticked "up to 3 months" for, there (at least, on the paper application form) is a question that says "When do you wish to visit Australia?" In fact, on the paper application form it's the first question. Is it possible you put a period that was longer than one month for that response? Maybe that was the issue.

Archived